Aero Precision - we’re not like every manufacturer. Aero Precision’s drive for clean, perfect engineering and machining is unwavering and, there is no margin for error. Not every manufacturer will have razor thin tolerance levels. Not every manufacturer will personally oversee the development, design and machining of every part that comes off the line. We are known for our superior engineering and machining by civilian, Law Enforcement and Military, and are dedicated to deliver the highest quality products available.
We’re not like every employer. Precision machining is at the core of our success, but it wouldn’t be possible without our amazing manufacturing and fulfillment crew, energetic sales team, dialed in support functions and devoted leadership team. We have grown exponentially in the past 5-years, but have intentionally maintained our small, family feel culture that is the core of our existence. Our employees have a strong affiliation to our brand and products, and their passion is reflected in everything they do. You don’t just join our team - you join our family.
The Opportunity. Growth has created this opportunity for a payroll and benefits expert, working closely with the Finance, Accounting, and Human Resource teams, and developing and improving processes for the payroll function. This is a newly created position and will have the responsibility of building the payroll function and systems as Aero Precision grows in the coming years. Currently, this position will supervise one payroll administrator.
The Job. Oversee all aspects of payroll and benefit administration. Provide leadership and oversight of the payroll administrator and collaborate with Finance and HR on goals, objectives, and projects.
Payroll and Timekeeping Administration
· Oversee and supervise multiple, multi-state payrolls including timekeeping process and reviewing, validating and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments, reporting and records
· Analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve payroll and timekeeping issues to ensure compliance with governmental and corporate policy
· Perform monthly payroll close duties, including recording journal entries and preparing account reconciliations for period-end accruals and payroll and employee benefit-related expenses.
· Oversee the maintenance of employee records to ensure accuracy and thoroughness in compliance with local, state, federal and ACA laws
· Prepare information and reports to support external parties/auditors.
· Set-up and manage benefit system and external benefit administration systems to ensure seamless and accurate benefit administration.
· Ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate execution of benefit carrier billing, eligibility and enrollment, communication, employee notification and posting compliance, documentation processes, and leave coordination.
· Administer multiple 401(k) plans and ensure accuracy of employee deferral elections and timely deposits.
Regulatory Compliance & Reporting
· Tax reporting to include federal, state and local taxes, including W-2s, 1094/1095s.
· 401k plan reporting
· Ad hoc reports to support management requests
· Develop key metrics and reports to show trends on payroll, overtime, and benefits.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred or equivalent experience required
· 5+ years of overall payroll experience with payroll processing, preferably with Paylocity or another cloud platform software system
· Certified Payroll Professional, Fundamental Payroll Certification, or equivalent certification is a plus
· Unwavering integrity and ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential employment information with discretion.
· Effective organizational skills and ability to work independently while seeking support and guidance as needed.
· Must have solid skills with MS Office, especially the ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets with Excel
· Commitment to working flexible hours (40+/week) as necessary to process payrolls on a regular basis and to accomplish priorities and varying workload.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for Employee (family benefits also available)
100% Paid Life Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday
Best Employee Product Discount in Industry
Growing Company with a Small Company Work Culture
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.