Web Developer (Magento)
Posted 4 months ago
Web Developer (Magento)
Aero Precision - we’re not like every manufacturer. Aero Precision’s drive for clean, perfect engineering and machining is unwavering and, there is no margin for error. Not every manufacturer will have razor thin tolerance levels. Not every manufacturer will personally oversee the development, design and machining of every part that comes off the line. We are known for our superior engineering and machining by civilian, Law Enforcement and Military, and are dedicated to deliver the highest quality products available.
We’re not like every employer. Precision machining is at the core of our success, but it wouldn’t be possible without our amazing manufacturing and fulfillment crew, energetic sales team, dialed in support functions and devoted leadership team. We have grown exponentially in the past 5-years, but have intentionally maintained our small, family feel culture that is the core of our existence. Our employees have a strong affiliation to our brand and products, and their passion is reflected in everything they do. You don’t just join our team - you join our family.
The Opportunity. A Magento Developer will be responsible for creating and implementing new features to improve the experience our customers receive on our site.
- Develop and maintain Magento 2 websites and other core PHP based applications
- Customize Magento's front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Research, Install, test and maintain ready-made Magento extensions
- Maintain Database systems, interfaces & integrations
- Quality, security, scalability and stability review commits before they are committed to the live site
- Develop automation processes to streamline implementations and improve workflows
- Provide feedback regarding technical requirements, timelines and software concerns
- Participate as a key part of the ecommerce team to ensure successful and timely technical implementations and process adhesion related to analysis, designs, development, rollout, and support of eCommerce applications and systems
- Manage metrics that are in place to monitor and measure software development projects, ongoing support & Maintenance activities
- Ensure optimal processes are in place to support software development and support activities
- Monitor performance of production environment and maintain site speed and integrity
- Expert understanding of Magento's 2 code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Back-End Development (PHP, MySQL)
- Understanding of Web Analytics and SEO techniques.
- Knowledge of bug and feature tracking systems such as Jira, New relic, etc.
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Demonstrable knowledge of API Integration, and Payment Gateways.
- Extensive knowledge of Git-based source control
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years PHP web development experience
- Minimum of 3 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development
- Magento Certification a plus
- Competent knowledge of e-commerce data organization, relationships and store catalog (categories/products/attributes)
- Excellent communication, documentation and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work on challenging tasks by themselves or with a team
- A desire to be personally responsible for scalable, robust, high-quality code
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for Employee (family benefits also available)
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday
- Best Employee Product Discount in Industry
- Growing Company with a Small Company Work Culture
Share this job