Quality Control Inspector
Posted 2 months ago
Quality Control Inspector
Aero Precision - we’re not like every manufacturer. Aero Precision’s drive for clean, perfect engineering and machining is unwavering and, there is no margin for error. Not every manufacturer will have razor thin tolerance levels. Not every manufacturer will personally oversee the development, design and machining of every part that comes off the line. We are known for our superior engineering and machining by civilian, Law Enforcement and Military, and are dedicated to deliver the highest quality products available.
We’re not like every employer. Precision machining is at the core of our success, but it wouldn’t be possible without our amazing manufacturing and fulfillment crew, energetic sales team, dialed in support functions and devoted leadership team. We have grown exponentially in the past 5-years, but have intentionally maintained our small, family feel culture that is the core of our existence. Our employees have a strong affiliation to our brand and products, and their passion is reflected in everything they do. You don’t just join our team - you join our family.
The Opportunity. The Quality Control Inspector provides Quality Control support to ensure that products provided are in accordance with customer quality requirements. They work as directed by the Quality Manager. They regularly interact with customer’s quality requirements and assures compliance with quality standards and quality program requirements. In addition, the QC Inspector is responsible for conducting tests, taking and analyzing measurements and overseeing production process compliance to Company QMS.
The Job. The Quality Control Inspector performs physical “on table” inspection of component parts, as well as “on floor” in process inspections. The Quality Control Inspector recommends and/or verifies implementation of appropriate corrective action for quality issues, in coordination with management. The QC Inspector is engaged in inspection and testing activities ensuring high productivity and high technical integrity. In addition, developing and analyzing statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality of finished products. They provide the technical and statistical expertise to the teams. The QC Inspector performs receiving inspection, as well as, formulates, documents and maintains quality control reports, standards and on-going quality control objectives. Lastly, the QC Inspector is responsible to create, document and implement inspection criteria, inspection forms and work instructions and procedures following the company QMS format and has the ability to train quality control philosophies and methodologies to improve skills of associates within company.
- Perform physical “on table” inspection of component parts utilizing inspection equipment (i.e. Vernier’s, calipers, gages, etc.)
- Perform receiving inspection.
- Perform “on floor’ in process inspection.
- Recommend and/or verifies implementation of appropriate corrective action for quality issues, in coordination with management, engineering and purchasing.
- Proficient with precision measuring instrumentation.
- Blueprint reading a must.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company.
- Knowledge of industry quality systems and standards, such as ISO 9000
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for Employee (family benefits also available)
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday
- Best Employee Product Discount in Industry
- Growing Company with a Small Company Work Culture
Share this job