Director, Supply Chain
Posted over 2 years ago
Director, Supply Chain
The Director of Supply Chain develops the supply chain management strategy and builds the processes which guarantee the efficient movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-progress inventory, and the finished product from point of origin to point of consumption. This position requires a unique blend of strategic thinking, strong business acumen, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Define and implement comprehensive strategies to reduce costs, mitigate risk, improve quality, shorten lead times, and reduce inventories.
- Conduct a “clean sheet” assessment of the company’s current state, a three-year future state design, and a phased transition plan (including resource and investment requirements).
- Partners with various stakeholders to sustain a high level of internal operational efficiency and ensure business needs across all functional areas are met.
- Oversee development and implementation of new initiatives, manage cost drivers, creation/performance of budgets, improvement of internal business controls, daily operations, and inventory management.
- Knowledgeable of the industry, the state of the suppliers' businesses and the overall supply market to manage the planning and purchasing for all product lines.
- Define metrics for supplier performance (on-time-delivery, quality, etc), monitor performance against these metrics and enforce conformance.
- Responsible for maintaining and conducting regular business reviews with supplier base; with increased frequency for key suppliers.
- Develop supply chain systems, policies, controls, tools, and processes for procurement, inventory planning, and inventory management. Work with finance & product management teams to understand goals, metrics, and pressures as they relate to supply chain controls, processes, and decision- making.
- Own the operations and inventory planning function. Work with sales to improve the forecasting process and overall planning accuracy, while reducing costs and improving working capital turnover. Manage and improve inventory turns and reduce slow-moving inventory.
- Assist in the development, negotiation, and execution of key supplier contracts.
- Participate in the new product development process, as well as identification and qualification of reliable suppliers and new sources of supply.
- Proactively monitor the external global marketplace and key cost drivers including raw materials, currency exchange rates, freight, labor, etc. Identify key opportunities in both price and alternate materials to achieve the right balance between cost, quality, and reliability.
- Analyze and maintain complex data, create reports, and develop and present clear and concise summaries of recommended options.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate members of the supply chain / sourcing teams.
- Ensure that cycle counts are executed on a regular basis and that any discrepancy is analyzed to find the root cause and address it.
- Ensure that the Master Production schedule is kept updated monthly coherently to the new requirements coming from demand planning and production capacities.
- Ensure Purchase Orders to vendors / Work Orders to the shop floor reflect the actual requirements; the scheduling of the vendors and the shop floor must be coherent with the MPS and the quantities planned must not exceed the actual requirements.
- Ensures that the reports available to prevent materials/components shortages are inquired and that actions are put in place to prevent problems / react to them.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of progressive supply chain management experience required, preferably in manufacturing.
- 5 years of experience in a manager or director level role required.
- Experience with ERP systems; knowledge of JD Edwards E1 preferred.
- Knowledge of the Main Lean Production principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of Consignment Stock; Min/Max Planning.
- Problem solving skills; Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Project management skills: Develop project plans, coordinate projects, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Requires extensive national and international travel as required and with limited notice.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Beretta USA, Corp. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.
Disclaimer: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Share this job