The Supplier Quality Engineer manages supplier quality to continuously improve company performance goals, implement process controls, and develop quality assurance plans within the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) logic. The SQE utilizes manufacturing process knowledge to actively work with suppliers, internal and external customers to improve quality of components and services by using appropriate tools and project leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Partners with suppliers and project management teams to define and manage component process development and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process to constructively critique supplier processes and development opportunities.
- Performs quality audits on suppliers to assure the vendor is capable to produce products and services that meet company requirements.
- Interprets technical drawings, including geometric & dimensional tolerance.
- Applies measurement system analysis tools and utilizes outcome for process development and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the vendor audit process and ability to apply knowledge in a preventative role on new product development.
- Utilizes the capacity planning/verification process as an operational tool requiring minimal clarification of application/interpretation of results.
- Demonstrates real examples of application of supplier resourcing process.
- Analyzes and resolves problems through coaching, mentoring, teaching, and assisting other employees in solving work problems.
- Demonstrates the personal application of prevention action concepts and techniques (error proofing, poka yoke, robust design, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T, Lean principles, ISO-9001, auditing, problem solving, leadership, QMS, 5S, core tools and statistical software such as Minitab.
- Leads problem solving teams and serves as a consultant.
- Develops and provides support to the Quality and Purchasing departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge/successful application of problem solving / six sigma tools (i.e. DoE, Control Charts, 8d).
- Has followed a Six Sigma Green Belt training program, completed with successful project delivery.
- Report writing skills.
- Time management skills to effectively manage time and time of others to enable several tasks achieved simultaneously.
- Effective listening, coaching and presentation skills.
- Meeting and presentation skills to set up, participate and control meetings with an agenda and ensure group participation.
- Proven negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Display a clear and definitive approach to a wide range of complex issues.
- Set and achieve personal objectives for specific task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Industrial Manufacturing) or related field required.
- 5 years Supplier Quality Engineer experience required.
- Experience with development of vendors production process startup through PPAP system on new components or technologies
- Experience with metal machining, stamping, and casting processes.
- 5-10 years of experience in automotive field is preferred.
- Certified Supplier Quality Engineer Auditor is preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed in a group office environment.
- Flexibility to travel frequently required.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.