Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meetyou -- and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients ofThe Alliance of Work-Life ProgressSeal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015. We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we areSerious About Firearms.
This is a remote (work from home) position.
The purpose of the position is to provide quality service to Brownells customers by professionally and accurately processing customer orders, and to ensure that customer questions are answered correctly, courteously, and in a timely manner
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists customers with questions related to pricing, quantity on hand, delivery dates, product substitutions.
- Works in other departments based on business needs.
- Participates in product campaigns by offering customer special values when announced.
- Works with Gun Technicians, Customer Support Reps, Compliance and Finance to resolve customer problems.
- Responsible for ensuring customer orders are accurately entered into the order entry system.
- Enters new customer information into the database.
- Follows up on previous calls and/or faxed orders.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with the public.
- Data entry experience.
- ACD or phone experience.
- General office experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the Internet.
- High school education or GED
- Basic understanding of Brownells products.
- Proficiency with using the Brownells catalog, website and other available resources to assist customers with their questions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially telephone skills
Abilities and Strengths
- Accurate keyboarding and ten-key skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of customers to ensure that they are satisfied with Brownells service.
- Enjoy working with people in an inbound sales environment..
- Willing to cross train to other departments.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environment
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.