Browning, the legendary sporting firearms and outdoor products company, is seeking a Shooting Accessory Product Manager to join our team. Located a short 40 miles NE of Salt Lake City and accessible from all areas of the Wasatch Front; the scenic beauty and serenity of the area creates an ideal work setting.
The Shooting Accessory Product Manager specializes in product conceptualization, analysis, design, sourcing, production management, pricing, sample management, inventory analysis and control. The successful candidate will develop useful reports and systems to accommodate efficient and correct development and delivery of quality products, collaborate with other division personnel, interface and follow up with suppliers to ensure product flow.
- Design, create, modify, source, produce, promote and merchandise new and existing products in the Shooting Accessory market including, but not limited to, scope bases and rings, scope mounts, choke tubes, gun care/maintenance supplies, gun cases, hearing and eye protection, magazines, shooting bags, sights, gun slings and other products based on assignment and/or opportunity.
- Interface with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure proper quality and timely production of product.
- Create and maintain systems to track product development, delivery and sell-through. Track production and distribution of sales samples to ensure timely delivery to external sales teams. Track, control and expedite product through development, manufacturing and distribution cycles.
- Develop, run and analyze reports which determine product sell-through, profitability (margins) and inventory turn.
- Make and implement recommendations to direct and improve sales, profits, inventory control and product development. Coordinate with Advertising and Marketing departments to ensure that product samples are delivered on time for key projects and events (i.e., writers’ hunts, photography, video, printed material, sales meeting and trade show use).
- Analyze product success in relation to fit, form and function as well as financial and logistical measurements. Make product line adjustments where necessary, maximizing opportunity.
- Work with sales reps, dealers and customers to ensure maximum sales and profits. Obtain product and market feedback from dealers, consumers and sales reps. Travel is required to shows and events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited four-year college or university; three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic accounting principles including budgeting, statistics and mathematics
- Marketing principles including web and ecommerce sales and marketing
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite programs, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Familiarity with textiles and apparel retailing, wholesaling and manufacturing a plus
- Conceptual Thinking: Able to explore and manipulate ideas beyond concrete constraints; can imagine novel and hypothetical situations in detail; reframes problems.
- Decision-Making: Makes pragmatic decisions based on a range of factors; able to make decisions quickly where necessary, based on incomplete information; demonstrates logic to back up decisions.
- Influencing and Negotiating: Changes others’ viewpoints without coercion; “sells” products and services (with arguments and concepts that support them) by tailoring benefits to audience; negotiates mutually favorable outcomes.
- Innovation: Generates original ideas; experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem; identifies ways to improve processes and/or situations.
- Project Management: Undertakes complex scoping, planning and integration of people and resources; manages risks, plans for multiple contingencies; manages and measures multiple activities.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.