Job Purpose: Performs the day-to-day administrative functions of the Human Resource department. Will support the Director of Human Resource Operations with planning, organizing, implementing and managing human resources activities in support of corporate goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, using discretion and good judgement in all transactions.
- Effectively completes high-level HR administrative work and projects in a timely manner; work may include conducting research, collecting/preparing data, tracking, notifications, and preparing correspondence.
- Uphold the data integrity of the HRIS, ATS and LMS systems, developing a deep understanding of their capabilities to collaborate in forthcoming projects to implement and maximize use of technology
- Manage recruiting and onboarding of all new hires. This includes, but is not limited to: sourcing, interviewing, tracking and closing candidates, system onboarding, I-9 administration, new hire training, etc.
- Supports talent management initiatives, including employee reviews and performance based compensation adjustments, training and retention programs. Advises and coaches employees and managers on development of performance related issues.
- Administer programs such as FMLA, ADAAA, and LOA.
- Act as a liaison and provide guidance on HR policies, processes, benefits and self-service tools to employees and managers, escalating when necessary to Director of HR Operations, Executive team and external resources.
- Assists with employee relations issues, including meeting with employees, minor investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Collaborates to create, maintain and distributes job descriptions.
- Champion company culture and values initiatives.
- Producing employee data and reports, including but not limited to census documents for benefit purposes, report requests from other departments and leadership.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, state and local employment laws and regulatory reports are maintained and communicated appropriately, and tracking and auditing is done in a timely fashion.
- Respond to outside requests for information including but not limited to employment verifications.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for change to insure continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties to insure a high level of communication and understanding.
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities to insure continuous learning and professional growth while keeping up with the latest rules and regulations as it pertains to human resources and the firearms industry.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Timely and regular attendance is required to ensure work flow is not interrupted.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field or equivalent experience in place of a degree.
Required Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of full cycle HR Generalist experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all kinds of situations is a must.
- Proactive approach to problems with a drive for results
- Keen ability to read and assess emotionally charged situations and navigate respectfully, calmly, and appropriately.
- Analytical and able to anticipate changes and needs in the employee life cycle and HR landscape.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – with an innate ability to build rapport and trust quickly; gaining the confidence of and influence of peers and senior leaders within the organization.
- Collaborative, team oriented mindset.
- Ability to be extremely accurate.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems and other HR software or related applications.
- Ability to use email and phone extensions.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Professional certification: PHR; SHRM-CP
- Experience with payroll
- Human Resource experience in a manufacturing environment.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to legally possess firearms under applicable laws.
- Ability to pass criminal background test and drug test.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.