ERP Support SpecialistApply on Website
Posted 9 days ago
ERP Support Specialist
Kansas City, Kansas
This position will assist in the support and management of the organizations Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business software, to include applications and infrastructure so that it aligns with the company’s strategic business objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic system issues for end users in order to maintain daily business activities facilitated through the ERP environment.
- Be a “Data Integrity Advocate”, encouraging users to follow established processes and procedures in order to promote data integrity.
- Develop a broad knowledgebase of all processes facilitated through the ERP environment in order to assist with and resolve process gaps.
- Build detailed reports to assist process stakeholders & department managers where appropriate.
- Create and maintain technical documents in order to identify and resolve issues within the ERP environment.
- Assist with testing new releases of ERP systems prior to use in a production environment.
- Design, develop and maintain reports used by process stakeholders, department managers and ERP systems users where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to utilize technology in order to optimize business processes, increase operational efficiency, leverage cost savings and improve resource allocation.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for change to insure continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties to insure a high level of communication and understanding.
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities to insure continuous learning and professional growth.
- Maintain personal and professional networks as appropriate for your position.
- Complete all required tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Timely and regular attendance is required to ensure work flow is not interrupted.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
You may work with the following enterprise level applications:
- Cloud-Suite Industrial (Infor)
- SPS Commerce EDI
- Bartender (Seagull)
- Doc-Link (Document Management Software)
- Windchill and CREO (PLM)
Support may be necessary for some legacy components like:
- Sage 300 ERP 2018
- Sage CRM
- Accellos One Warehouse Management System
- True Commerce Transaction Manager EDI
- Other Ancillary software components, as required.
The essential job functions listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties or functions does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting or equivalent experience in place of a degree.
Required Experience & Skills
- Familiarity with MS-SQL query language, HTML development, SAP Crystal reports reporting tool, and database design concepts
- Thorough understanding of business process in a manufacturing environment
- A basic understanding of ERP system navigation and database schema
- Critical thinker and problem solver who utilizes deductive reasoning.
- Must exhibit cognitive flexibility with the ability to assess and recommend improvements for processes and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and be friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be extremely accurate
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Proficiency in the Cloud Suite Industrial (CSI) system, or similar ERP system.
- Project Management experience.
- Minimal, but must be able to travel occasionally, including overnight stays and internationally.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to legally possess firearms under applicable laws
- Ability to pass criminal background test and drug test
- Must be able to work overtime when required. Some evening or weekend work may be necessary and some of that work may be completed from a remote location.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following are the physical requirements of this position, which all workers filling the position must be able to do or withstand each day:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Vision: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; Ability to see color.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, or gases.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical requirements and essential job functions.
Apply on Website
Share this job