Test Fire & Packing Associate
Posted over 2 years ago
Test Fire & Packing Associate
Kansas City, Kansas
Essential Job Functions:
- Starting pay is $14.00 per hour.
- Test-fire firearms and determine if function and accuracy is appropriate against a standard.
- Disassemble firearms by following detailed written instructions.
- Clean firearms using chemicals solvents and cleaning agents.
- Inspect firearms visually and using hand tools to ensure quality and safety standards are met.
- Reassemble firearms and place in packaging.
- Coordinate and pack firearm components with appropriate models.
- Manage inventory of ammunition.
- Load magazines by hand and with the aid of a machine.
- Notify supervisor of any problems or concerns.
- Timely and regular attendance is required to ensure work flow is not interrupted.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist all employees in department in completing their work when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Complete other task assigned by supervisors
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: The following are the physical requirements of this position, which all workers filling the position must be able to do or withstand each day:
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Vision: Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes. Ability to see color.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is subject to temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body The worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat and exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, or gases.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids. I have read and understand the requirements, conditions and essentials for this position.
- Ability to legally possess firearms under applicable laws
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must know basic firearm safety
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass criminal background test and drug test
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement
- Must be extremely accurate
- Must be proficient spoken and written English
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Ability to use email and phone extensions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to multi task, effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities
- Must be punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble firearms and diagnose mechanical problems
- Must be able to work 8-hours daily, 5-days weekly, Monday through Friday
- Must be able to work overtime with paid compensation when required
- Associate’s degree or higher.
Share this job