As the Production Planning and Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for the functions outlined below:
- Create production schedule for Daniel Defense, track and manage daily manufacturing workload, provide feedback to engineering, and provide regular reporting on manufacturing status.
- Plan and establish production schedules.
- Monitor materials inventories, track progress of production, and review factors which affect schedules.
- Assist the manufacturing department to actively manage the production schedule.
- Research and assign manufacturing times and due dates on parts as needed and document during the releasing process.
- Coordinate with departments and project managers as needed to identify and resolve issues regarding budget and delivery.
- Monitor quality, service, and delivery issues, and take corrective actions as needed.
- Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in budget or schedule discrepancies.
- Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting processes.
- Stay informed of current projects, manufacturing workload, and manufacturing processes.
- Ensure planned schedule is running according to plan and production is cost effective
- Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedures.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programs.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned hours.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Make sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Manage the adherence to procedures and compliance of quality management system processes to meet and exceed quality goals.
- Ensure complete compliance to quality management system processes.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work environment
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Production Manager and/or management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2+ years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably machining and assembly or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with others is a must.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Extensive leadership, management and planning skills.
- Proven track record in managing production.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently.
- Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated; willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed.
- Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate with all company officials, employees, vendors, customers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget. Experience coordinating work of production supervision.
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook Word); ERP experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work with our Permission to Play Values.
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.
Daniel Defense is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free Workplace."
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Daniel Defense is an at-will employer.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.