As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the functions outlined below as delegated by the Production Supervisor.
- Maintain an optimum span of control of Team Members, typically numbering around 5-9 employees
- Provide adequate support, training and development to continuously improve Safety, 6S, Quality, Cost & Efficiency.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring and meeting daily production goals and daily metric reporting.
- Ensuring shifts and breaks start/end on time communicating and engaging team in achieving daily Production requirements along with aligning the team to track and meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead the team in production environment along with conducting daily safety meetings.
- Implementation, auditing and ensuring use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Conforms to and operates within the framework of all applicable operator work instructions, SOPs, quality, and safety procedures
- Participate in all Company required Environmental, Health & Safety training events/discussions.
- Perform machining and production processes and providing adequate coverage.
- Works with respective teams and departments to trouble shoot, Prioritize and solve problems.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work environment
- Utilize the Lean tools to continuously improve manufacturing processes.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree in manufacturing or related field + 3 years previous manufacturing experience; or Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 1-2 years of experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Proven record in field of experience as well as professionalism and integrity is a must.
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with others is a must.
- Good time management, attention to detail, written and oral communications skills required with the ability to work, interact and effectively communicate with all levels of leadership, team mates, employees and customers
- Self-motivated; working independently or within a team; working under deadlines and pressure; willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed.
- Experience with FMEA’s, SPC, Control Plans, 8D and other quality tools. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook Word).
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work with our Permission to Play Values
- It is understood employees may be assigned to other departments, functional groups, and/or shifts as deemed necessary by management
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.
Daniel Defense is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free Workplace."
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Daniel Defense is an at-will employer.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.