FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for building and executing a strategy to expand FN America’s business in the US Commercial and Law Enforcement markets. The Senior Product Manager will drive the innovation and development of FN’s next generation firearms and related products to deliver growth. The Senior Product Manager will own a category’s five-year strategic plan and identify opportunities for growth in new firearm product categories and adjacencies, create business cases, develop individual strategies, and execute the vision to start up new business ventures. They start with a team of one, adding people if needed along the way and turning the strategy for each category into a functional business unit.
- Creates and owns new and existing categories’ five-Year strategy and associated roadmaps to achieve FN America’s sales, business, and growth objectives
- Champions a product family or group of related products at FNA and may take on special projects or strategic initiatives at the direction of the Director, VP, or Executive staff.
- Develops actionable plans to grow existing and/or enter new categories or market spaces (partnership, organic, or other), understands and documents the required product offerings, identifies the addressable market and business targets, and determines required investments or other considerations.
- Develops business cases to execute new opportunities and presents them to executive leadership for investment and project activation.
- Manages the roll-out and execution of new product/business initiatives, acting as Product Manager and execution lead providing project oversight and is responsible for the implementation and completion of objectives.
- Executes strategic projects supporting the product roadmap.
- Collects input from customers, end users, subject matter experts, and internal stakeholders to create actionable product requirement documents used for the development of new products by the engineering design team(s).
- Works with sales, marketing, finance, engineering, quality, manufacturing, logistics, procurement, service, and human resources as needed to support execution of active projects.
- Serves as company Subject Matter Expert (SME) and center of knowledge for assigned products or business areas. Educates employees, customers, or journalists on product features, benefits, and advantages to help reinforce FN’s product positioning and value in the marketplace.
*Other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field; MBA highly desired.
Five years' experience in product management, product development, or new business development with a manufacturer of consumer goods with demonstrated experience and career progression in a product management role. Experience with the establishment of new business ventures or partnerships desired. Experience in defense, firearms, ammunition, or related industry preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate the behaviors of accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. In addition, incumbents in this role must be able to:
- Demonstrate experience with and knowledge of product management concepts, new product introductions, data analysis, and project management.
- Show maturity, tact, and professionalism when interacting with internal stakeholders from peer to executive or external customers. Effectively communicates through written and oral presentations in a professional manner.
- Complete assignments independently under direction of Director or VP to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Independently identify and pro-actively address issues, risks, and opportunities within assigned product area of responsibility. Reject the status quo and challenge assumptions or established ways of thinking.
- Identify key suppliers and partners, negotiate terms and agreements, create a product offering, identify production, manufacturing, or logistics needs. Remove roadblocks to sales and distribution and / or anything else needed to achieve success.
- Effectively use and create tools, templates, concepts, and procedures of product management to include product positioning, price and margin analysis, competitive assessments, product testing, and requirements generation with minimal guidance or coaching.
- Convincingly communicate a product portfolio / channel development strategy throughout all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead in the organization including project teams, sales and marketing, and executive staff to achieve the desired result.
- Understand, interpret, or explain the legal, regulatory, and market trends impacting firearms and ammunition in order to participate in strategy creation and lifecycle maintenance within product management.
- Use Microsoft office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, or Word to develop templates, tools, and forms used in department and business presentations. Able to create complex presentations by independently creating deliverables and content needed to address the business need.
- Safely handle, assemble, disassemble, and transport firearms.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Use of Enterprise Management system, department SharePoint, and project management software will be required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation desired.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.