Subject Matter Expert - FN Weapon Systems
Posted 9 months ago
Subject Matter Expert - FN Weapon Systems
FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Primary responsibilities include providing subject matter expertise on the FN Product Line to support new product development, testing, tradeshows, and training & demonstrations to current and potential FN customers. Provides operational feedback in the development of new products. Advises and assists the business development and program management teams. Develops, writes, and edits user manuals.
- Assists as SME during field testing and evaluation of new products and programs to meet specified requirements and implementation of necessary changes.
- Assists the business development team by participating in demonstrations and tradeshows with stakeholders, including military program managers, military leadership, sales representatives, industry professionals, manufacturing and management to identify new products and enhancements that will both meet future military market demands.
- Communicates product development and testing status through written and verbal presentations to executive, business development, program management, and marketing staff.
- Educates business development and marketing staff on product features, benefits, and advantages to help reinforce FN America products' perceived value in the marketplace.
- Provides customer feedback to the engineering, research and development, and sales teams..
- Provides all levels of training to FN employees and customers, including new equipment training, advanced training, armorer’s training, and any specialized ad hoc training required.
- Provides investigative guidance and communication regarding product performance issues.
- Implements company standards related to product release testing procedures and protocol and standards for testing.
- Participates in customer meetings as required.
- Develops, writes, and edits user manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree highly desirable. Formal technical training can be substituted for degree (FAA A&P License, certified training on applicable subsystems, etc.)
- 8+ years military experience in electronics and/or combat arms occupational area. Specific experience using small arms, with advanced training and proficiency highly preferred.
- Experience with product testing, demonstrations, repair, and operational use preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and computer skills and clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Professional and customer service oriented.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. Must be willing to travel up to 40% (international travel included).
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Share this job