FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Technical Service Representative (TSR) communicates new and changing product information, supports brand awareness, and captures consumer feedback.
- Provides technical information and inquiry resolution regarding FN America products and services through professional communication.
- Responds to Customer/Technical Support emails in a timely manner.
- Maximizes Salesforce Service Cloud and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software by accurately capturing customer inquiries through case creation through to case closure.
- Advises customers of product failure analysis as provided by Product Engineering.
- Ensures incoming firearm and accessories are entered into the Service Center tracking system; inspects firearm and contents of case; performs safety checks and tagging.
- Requests Federal Firearms License (FFL) and National Firearms Act (NFA) forms.
- Completes Firearm Transfer Requests and Repair Quotes.
- Processes manual/catalog requests.
- Assists in the inventory cycle-counting for the Service Center.
- Communicates new item case trends and resolutions to other team members.
- Refers unresolved customer issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Recommends improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to resolve an issue or prevent a possible issue.
- Follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction with the performance of case resolution.
- Analyzes and evaluates results to choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or skilled trade preferred.
Five plus years of experience in customer service/technical service call center with a minimum of one year of experience in the sporting goods industry is required (firearm experience is preferred).
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Firearm product and ammunition knowledge.
- Firearm functionality and safety knowledge.
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide resolution to problems.
- Demonstrates success in thinking strategically and executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Proficiency in Salesforce Service Cloud and in ERP Software is beneficial.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. Must be able to frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move/lift to 25 pounds without assistance.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.