Service Desk Analyst II
Posted 6 months ago
Service Desk Analyst II
Columbia, South Carolina
FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Service Desk Analyst II is a mid-range position on the service desk team that works with the user community to resolve user issues with applications and IT equipment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves Tier 1 level issues with a variety of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) business applications including ERP, QMS, HR, AD, etc. with no supervision.
- Troubleshoots and resolves Tier 2 level issues with a variety of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) business applications including ERP, QMS, HR, AD, etc. with no supervision.
- Identifies and escalates Tier 3 level issues with a variety of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) business applications including ERP, QMS, HR, AD, etc.
- Collaborates with team members in system development, integration, and implementation projects through programming, testing, and documentation. Often involves development and/or configurations that integrate two or more applications.
- Authors knowledge-based articles of common IT issues to assist the user community.
- With direction, troubleshoots and resolves minor networking issues related to user access. This includes switches, PCs, phones, etc.
- Images and deploys PCs with no supervision.
- Creates Active Directory accounts with no supervision.
- Collaborates with development and security teams to manage access control for a variety of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) business applications including ERP, QMS, HR, AD, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.*
Associate of Science in Information Systems or equivalent is required.
Three years of basic computer and application troubleshooting and support is required. Two years of customer facing support is preferred. Advanced knowledge of applications typically used in a production environment such as ERP, PLM, SharePoint, etc. preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills/competencies required by this position include:
- Troubleshooting applications and computer issues
- Basic network topology
- Windows Operating System
- PC Imaging
- Windows Server Administration
- Database Administration
- PowerShell scripting
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly perform independent research and troubleshooting techniques, but also willing to ask questions when faced with issues.
- Shows initiative by taking ownership of assignments with minimal instructions.
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
- CCINT 1 preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification preferred.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Share this job