FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Manufacturing Manager ensures safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, technical planning and continuous improvement in assigned department. In this role, the Manufacturing Manager, directs, leads and implements initiatives and strategies of operations and manufacturing engineering to achieve established business goals (KPl's).
Establishes production schedules in manufacturing departments to ensure production requirements are met and shipments are made on time. Controls the flow of materials and the utilization of labor to effectively resource production; ensures budget adherence.
- Analyzes the value stream capital assets and employee resources to meet and optimize safety, quality, delivery, and production requirements for internal and external customers.
- Utilizes continuous improvement techniques and guides the team in lean thinking, value stream improvement, lead time reduction, and cost out by improving productivity. Actively coaches direct reports in problem solving methodology and continuous improvement tools for sustainable processes.
- Leads the team in new product industrialization and manufacturing methods. Provides capital investment justification to the leadership team.
- Reviews material inventories, manages WIP and nonconformance to ensure all production requirements are met on time.
- Controls allocation and use of value stream personnel to ensure fulfillment of production schedules in all departments at the lowest possible cost while maintaining quality and performance standards.
- Manages value stream operations concurrent with: business growth, introduction of new systems and products, meeting KPIs, customer changes, and production mix change.
- Manages and assists in the coordination of effort between support departments within the organization,
- Participates in the implementation of advanced manufacturing technology to improve cost of product, shorten lead times, and promote on-time delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably mechanical) is required. A master’s degree in business or management is preferred.
Seven years of experience in a manufacturing facility is required with five years of management experience in engineering and/or operations.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Metal cutting, precision machining and assembly background.
- Practical understanding and hands on experience in implementation of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Capability of using basic quality tools along with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques in the support of continuous improvement, root cause analysis and corrective/ preventative actions.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong business, managerial, ethical, and technical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and meet productivity standards.
- Observation of safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment.
Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. Must be able to frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move/lift to 25 pounds without assistance.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.