FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Channel Marketing Manager is an integral role within the FN Marketing Department, ensuring the overall success of FN America’s product experience across the company's business segments. This position leads retail readiness and sales enablement, managing external and internal product programs, creating, and implementing go-to-market plans, delivering customer communications strategies in support of pistol, rifle, and accessory product lines. This position is operational and tactical; assisting with new product launches, product presentations, promotions, MAP pricing management, sales support. Retail readiness and sales activation are primary functions of the role. The Channel Marketing Manager collaborates with and champions sales enablement across product categories, working directly with business development, commercial and LE sales teams, with channel marketing and promotions budget oversight and planning. Collaborates directly with product management to ingrain product marketing in early phases of the development process, leading to and past market launch.
- Creates pistol, rifle, and accessory product line marketing elements directly related to sales enablement and sell-in (launch, promotions, collaterals and OEM partnerships).
- Collaborates with product managers to ensure the marketing functions are infused early in the product development process.
- Works with internal teams to effectively implement projects to improve product positioning, placement, and promotions, enabling sales with the product details required for effective sell-in and sell-through with our dealer and distributor partners.
- Develops and deploys all dealer and distributor communications in support of field sales, including in-store branding, promotions, and special events specific to category growth, establishing revenue and success criteria.
- Leads and directly manages consumer and customer promotions to drive category growth, create pull through, establishing revenue and success criteria.
- Manages the marketing budget specific channel marketing, including promotional/branded goods, tracking all assigned projects to agreed-upon budgets and timelines.
- Collaborates effectively with marketing and cross-functional teams to execute new product launches, managing product marketing elements to maximize customer success.
- Directly manages and evaluates the effectiveness for key dealer and distributor marketing initiatives, including the dealer rewards program.
- Leads and manages military, commercial and LE collaterals development and production in collaboration with internal resources and external agency partners.
- Leads and manages all MTP/MAP pricing programs, with sales operations.
- Leads and manages the accessory marketing and OEM partnerships (holsters, lights, optics, etc.); with profitable ROI and beneficial brand-building collaboration.
- Enables brand building with in-store retail marketing programs, creating and coordinating support elements, assess program/project effectiveness in terms of coverage, costs, impact, and ROI.
- Conducts, analyzes and presents market and customer trends through primary and secondary research, managing qualitative and quantitative studies administered by external research agency. Presents study findings to leadership to determine growth opportunities, market share, brand preference, and product build studies, manages annual research budget.
- Other duties as assigned by management*
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field is required.
Minimum three years of CPG channel marketing-related experience. Hunting, shooting or outdoor store experience preferred. Previous experience driving business results with product marketing and channel marketing in retail and law enforcement, including brand plan development, research and new product launches desirable. The ability to easily transition from strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write for internal and external audiences that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.