Knight Enterprises Management, LLC is a sole proprietorship, producing rifles (including the M110), suppressors, weapon accessories, and night vision scopes. Since the 1970’s, this veteran-owned small business performs the majority of R&D and production efforts within the boundaries of the KEC facility in order to provide the best control of product quality and required delivery schedules. Among its more than 300 employees, KEC boasts an experienced engineering staff, well-equipped for research in all aspects of small arms and advanced electro-optic technology.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Experienced manufacturing engineer to develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Knowledge of materials, heat treating, protective finishes and manufacturing techniques must be employed to assure quality and manufacturability of KAC products.
SPECIAL TRAINING NEEDED:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related disciplines, or 5+ years commensurate level of experience with related products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience using CAD software and releasing drawings (SolidWorks and SolidEdge desired).
- 3-5 years' experience and knowledge of Industry and Military drafting standards and practices, specifically ASME Y14.5 and ASME Y14.100, as well as strong GD&T knowledge and application of IAW ASME Y14.5 preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of mechanical shop operation and technology including machining and welding is strongly preferred.
- Experience designing/working with various materials such as aluminum, steels, stainless steels, plastics, composites, and other exotic materials.
- Experience in design or analysis of mechanisms along with engineering drawing development.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization through work in a strong collaborative environment.
- Candidate must have experience in 2D-3D modeling, design for manufacturing, and ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
- Engineer is to support manufacturing. Responsible for the design and development of parts, tooling and fixtures to support various manufacturing processes.
- Tasked with creating parametric CAD models, detailed drawings, drawing release, part inspection, implementation and verification of product performance.
- Create innovative designs by working with internal Program Groups, Research and Development Teams and other areas of Engineering Operations where products are designed. Will work closely with the internal machinists and external suppliers on design for manufacturability.
- Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
- Write appropriation requests.
- Evaluate and solve production problems.
- Train assemblers or conduct training to introduce new processes.
- Prepare/manufacture prototypes as required utilizing the principals of concurrent engineering.
- Will gain experience using multiple manufacturing processes including chemical metal finishing, CNC machining, welding,
- EDM and various Additive Manufacturing technologies.
- Will consider the availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
- Seeing: Required
- Speaking: Required
- Hearing: Required
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Constantly, 7-8 hours per shift
- Lifting: Occasionally, up to 25-pounds
- Carrying: Occasionally, up to 25-pounds
- Pushing: Rarely, up to 100-pounds
- Pulling: Rarely, up to 100-pounds
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Balancing: Rarely
- Bending: Occasionally
- Twisting: Occasionally
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping/Handling: Frequently, for dexterity, fine finger handling
- Stooping/Crouching: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crawling: Rarely
Inside: 80% Outside: 20%
Temperature Conditions: Controlled –in Excess of 70-degrees – occasionally
Knight Enterprises Management, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law. Knight’s policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices and are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.