Product Design Engineer
Posted 3 months ago
Product Design Engineer
The Product Design Engineer is responsible for research and development of new shooting and hunting related products. This position will work with a cross-functional team from sales and marketing, product lifecycle management, supply chain and manufacturing to develop and document comprehensive technical specifications, and provide engineering details through design, prototype, and production for both new product development and existing product enhancement.
- Working knowledge of and experience with mechanical designs for firearm accessories.
- Proficient in SolidWorks software with Solid Modeling, Assemblies, Exploded Views, Bill of Materials, Templates, Layers, Configurations, and Drawings.
- Familiar with failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA), and stress/fatigue analysis.
- Working knowledge of and experience with materials, tools, fixtures, precision gauges, manufacturing processes and machining operations, and finishes.
- Ability to read, interpret, create, and modify mechanical drawings, models, assemblies, and bill of materials.
- Experience with dimensioning and tolerancing using GD&T best practices (ASME Y14.5).
- Capable of operating precision measuring devices needed for design activities.
- Understand the Engineering Change (EC) process for updating models, assemblies, and drawings for new and existing products.
- Work with manufacturing to review and address design issues as well as implement cost reduction ideas.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to develop test plans and conduct lifecycle testing for product validations and present detailed analysis of testing results and recommend revisions to ensure product quality and reliability.
- Accountable for reach outing to assigned major clients to establish rapport and strengthen relationships; assess and invite clients’ requirements early on and align product developments to provide best possible support for business development and expansion.
- Attend national, international, and regional trade shows as assigned to promote company brands and products and support all sales activities. These shows include, but are not limited to, ATA, SHOT, NBS, and IWA.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Qualification and Skills:
- Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; three or more years of experience in mechanical design.
- Experienced in hunting, shooting and outdoor activities with working knowledge and experiences in optics, firearm accessories and different firearm operations.
- Proficient in CAD modeling, preferably using SolidWorks.
- Proficient in GD&T & creation of detail/assembly product drawings.
- Disciplined analytical thinking from engineering and manufacturing perspective.
- Excellent Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organization skills.
- Polished verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Capable in planning and task prioritizing; maintaining professional standards with an open and creative mind.
- Proficient in product knowledge to provide technical support on product functions, features and benefits.
- Proactive in all engineering activities with consistent efforts and timely follow-up.
- Proficient in MS Office suite software and creating professional work products.
- High performance team experience and strong commitment to team building.
Share this job