Performs intermediate level engineering tasks with limited direction. Applies moderately complex engineering techniques and proven design concepts to support the execution of engineering solutions using the New Product Process (NPP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With minimal guidance participates in the design and testing of existing technologies for new products and current product enhancements.
- Provides technical support on moderately complex assignments during the design cycle of the NPP. Consistently applies professional engineering concepts, leads problem solving efforts, independently researches, justifies, and initiates solutions to both common and more unique problems.
- Independently conducts research and evaluation of product and/or part specifications and the development of moderately complex concept/prototype models. Provides input into the translation of marketing requirements to engineering specifications using proven design concepts.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings. Defines and documents performance parameters and cost estimates.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively partner cross-functionally to develop, test, pilot and validate moderately complex design solutions. May lead small standard stand-alone projects or pieces of larger complex projects.
- Participates in design reviews. Works with vendors to coordinate design information and integrate activities.
- Develops and executes product test plans. Compiles and analyzes test data. Prepares written technical reports. Ensures technically sound outcomes.
- Participates in or leads continuous improvement activities.
- Maintains current technical base and basic knowledge of new engineering technology while acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Under limited supervision addresses a variety of common or unique problems requiring straightforward technical solutions using standard and non-standard engineering techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline with 3-5 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough understanding and ability to apply professional engineering concepts, principles, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance systems.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across functions.
Duties performed in a combination of office and manufacturing environments. Requires occasional travel.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.