Supervise IT technical support activities related to ticket service levels, issue resolution, user computing and peripherals, account administration, equipment procurement. Oversee helpdesk staff to ensure adequate and timely issue resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the consistent design of appropriate IT services, service management information systems, architectures, technology, processes, information and metrics to meet current and evolving business outcomes and requirements.
- Plan and coordinate the resources and capabilities required to design new or changed services. Partner cross functionally and with leadership to establish priorities.
- Mange the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone, emails, and support tickets.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Coordinate interfaces between incident management, service management processes, design coordination, service transition planning, reporting and other processes as appropriate. Define and manage scope, budget, schedule, priorities and risk throughout the multiple projects.
- Supervisor IT support staff. Troubleshoot and prioritize issues raised and resolve it accordingly through dispatch of appropriate resources. Coordinate escalation and resolution of major service issues Provide direct support in resolving complex issues and requests. Provides incident reports for outages, events or impacts to system availability.
- Define and maintain service level agreements for helpdesk ticket initial response & resolution. Measure and report ticket & issue resolution metrics on a regular basis.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides and FAQ list for end users
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies
- Review and approve standard endpoint configurations, quotes, and devices to meet needs of all departments in the organization. Ensure all endpoint systems are protected with corporate standard malware/AV tools.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships with outsourced service providers.
- Evaluates changes in desktop technology and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware solutions, including acquisitions and upgrades.
- Acts as tier 2 support for advanced helpdesk inquiries
- Assist in Business Continuity Plan activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years in a desktop support role and 2 years in network or IT infrastructure lead role. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three or more years of ITSM experience for production support.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to pro-actively investigate problems and determine appropriate course of action.
- Ability to diagnose PC hardware, software, and operator problems of moderate complexity.
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, coordinate multiple tasks with varied timelines, and prioritize based on business needs.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop and server products as well as Active Directory and Exchange.
- Ability to manage and motivate members of the IT user support team.
Able to lift computer equipment weighing up to 25 pounds or above with assistance, to and from a cart, desk or floor. Work is normally performed in an office environment with occasional exposure to the manufacturing environment.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.