Troubleshoot and repair machine, electro-mechanical, and HVAC systems of a high level of complexity under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrated proficiency of Machine Maintenance Technician I and II duties and responsibilities and the following:
- Quickly troubleshoot and repair machine and all L&S equipment and electro-mechanical systems; i.e. multi-axis CNC controls, lasers, facility electrical systems, etc.
- Evaluate the implications to equipment and production schedule using a combination of precision equipment advanced trouble shooting skills plus experience with L&S equipment history.
- Troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of electrical equipment, including NC and CNC operated machines.
- Locate and determine electrical malfunction using test instruments. Repair malfunction by such methods as replacing, repairing and cleaning components. Inspect and test electrical circuits and equipment and repairs or rewires systems according to building codes and safety regulations within license restrictions.
- Operate all equipment necessary to trouble shoot and repair the manufacturing equipment, such as: mills, grinders, lathes, welders and precision measuring diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Provide advanced electro-mechanical system training.
- Complete a variety of documentation to update records and purchase materials/components.
- Insures “on-time” completion of scheduled calendar Preventative Maintenance tasks with minimum supervision.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including all safety requirements.
- Prioritize multiple tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid LME or Journeyman Manufacturing Plant license required.
- Valid LEA license and Valid General Journeyman or Plant Journeyman Electrical license desired.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and a minimum of 7 years experience in a similar or related operation.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic math and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of all available electronic instrumentation such as DVM, scopes, meters, etc.
- Ability to read complex electrical schematics.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical/electrical repair practices and machine design and operation.
- Advanced knowledge of and troubleshooting capabilities with hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to independently solve complex problems with close tolerance electro-mechanical equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of servos, open and closed loop feedback systems.
- Ability to build, program and troubleshoot control systems, i.e. PLCs, relay logic, pneumatic logic, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with limited supervision or intervention.
- Qualified in Lockout.
- Forklift and Man-Lift licensed or ability to obtain these licenses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; manipulate objects, tools, and controls; walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. May be required to lift up to 60 lbs. and lift more than 60 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to focus, and the ability to distinguish colors. The employee will work near and/or with moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, and airborne particles. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.