Posted 2 months ago
For over 100 years, we’ve manufactured innovative, battle-proven optics products for the world’s most relentless hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military professionals. We design, build and test our best-in-class products with a single minded focus - to make sure they’ll perform forever.
At Leupold and Stevens we’re American to the Core and passionate about what we do. We offer a friendly work environment where innovation, quality, and continuous improvement are our priorities, and where your ideas matter. Our benefits package is amazing – affordable health and dental insurance, a strong commitment to training and professional development including an internal skills development program for all manufacturing team members, a generous tuition reimbursement program, company contributions up to 8% of base pay into a 401K retirement account, profit sharing, and product discounts to name a few.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Sets tooling for CNC machines using presetter.
- Locates issues and receives parts and or tools to production customers using inventory management system.
- Prepares jobs for production floor by ensuring that the job has the correct tooling, adapters and tool offset information.
- Uses standard measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, depth micrometers and scales.
- Inspects and measures tooling for wear and defects.
- Cleans, inspects and maintains tools, equipment, instruments and work area to meet safety requirements.
- Identifies and marks tools and equipment using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Requisitions stock to replenish inventory, inputs necessary information into inventory management system.
- Procures standard tools, parts and supplies for production floor directly from approved suppliers using electronic systems.
- Compares shipping documents against purchase orders to verify merchandise received from suppliers.
- Processes requests for tool fabrication, repair, and sharpening.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience You’ll Need:
- High school education or equivalent and minimum two years of tool crib or related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Good organizational skills.
- Applied knowledge of tooling practices and applications.
- Experience operating a pallet forklift preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and computerized inventory systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; manipulate objects, tools, and controls; walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. May be required to lift up to 20 lbs. and lift more than 20 lbs with assistance. Good visual acuity. The employee will work near and/or with machinery and chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Share this job