The primary focus of this position is to assist the EHS Manager and Range Manager in safety training, assessments, and other safety needs as assigned. They assess the needs of the business, implement training and development plans, and facilitate a wide variety of safety programs that enhance the effectiveness of the workforce.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Conduct orientation sessions for safety training.
- Conduct manager training on safety software and safety programs at company locations.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs.
- Evaluate organizational performance to make sure training is meeting business needs.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods and schedule training sessions if needed.
- Conduct hazard assessments for each location. Review and implement new procedures as needed.
- Review SDS needs and make changes as needed to keep company compliant with Prop 65 regulations.
- Do hands on training for several safety programs including lock out/tag out, PPE, use of chemicals, etc.
- Effectively communicate with team members, trainers and management.
- Attend classes on CPR, Lead, and other safety topics and obtain certifications.
- Review safety programs and write new safety programs as needed.
- Provide assistance to the EHS Manager and Range Manager on cleanup, inspections, record keeping, etc. as needed and assigned.
- Develop reward system and goals for each department to help meet safety concerns.
- All other duties, as assigned, should be at the end of each list.
- High school diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a teaching position preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years safety experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- Ability to drive results, drive change while promoting and fostering teamwork.
- Must be motivated, self-directed and enthusiastic.
- Team oriented approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
The working environment is both indoors and outdoors. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment, including heavy PC and phone usage; as well as, working in an operational manufacturing facility and warehouse spaces, with heavy foot and forklift traffic.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. The ability to stand for extended periods of time is also required. Some kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, and lifting required. Lifting of 70lbs or less regularly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Cleaning material chemicals used regularly. Ability to wear required PPE, respirator, gloves, and full body Tyvek suits. Must have limited to no facial hair for proper respirator fitment.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.