Posted 4 months ago
Develops and implements store awareness programs addressing theft, safety, inventory, and operational controls. Administers product protection strategies, awareness, and deterrence programs in the store. Works in partnership with store management to ensure operational excellence and reduce exposure to theft through operational assessments and associate training/awareness. Supervises Loss Prevention Officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operational, Shortage, and Safety Controls & Awareness:
- Conducts assessments of operational and shortage control procedures to monitor store compliance and inventory shortage and performance trends.
- Communicates with store management and works to improve operational deficiencies.
- Reviews various exception reports to identify and resolve inventory shortage.
- Conducts physical security/safety inspections to ensure store is in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Works to create a “culture of honesty” and “impression of control” in the store.
Internal and External Theft Deterrence & Awareness:
- Develops and implements theft prevention programs for the store. Identifies theft trends within assigned location and implement theft prevention strategies to reduce exposure.
- Oversees the store’s Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) and product protection programs. Measures store’s compliance and raises awareness with Store Management and Associates.
- Conducts internal investigations of dishonesty in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines.
- Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines.
Supervision and Training:
Supervises Loss Prevention Associates; assigns tasks, communicates policies, and trains new LP Associates.
- Recruit, Train, and counsels LP Associates. Assists Management in writing performance appraisals.
- Creates LP department work schedules to provide proper coverage.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: Attending court hearings on Palmetto State Armory’s behalf.
- May have multiple store responsibilities.
- Maintains customer service awareness.
- Prior experience in Loss Prevention or educational background in Loss Prevention, security, or law enforcement preferred.
- Knowledge of surveillance and apprehension techniques; demonstrated ability to make decisions in stressful situations. Strong verbal and written communication skills; basic math and reading skills and legible handwriting.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Word, Excel and various other computer programs
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, noise levels and so forth.
Standing, walking and frequent running
Share this job