Supplier Quality & Development EngineerApply on Website
Posted 13 days ago
Supplier Quality & Development Engineer
West Columbia, SC
The Supplier Quality and Development Engineer develops new suppliers, as well as investigating, analyzing, and resolving supplier quality issues by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Production, Engineering, and Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reviewed and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented with vendors (both intercompany and external).
- Uses technical expertise to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of parts that meet engineering requirements.
- Performs on-site vendor visits/audits to ensure that the supplier has the process controls and capacity to support the needs of any companies in the JJE family. Reports any concerns with supplier capabilities meeting engineering requirements or JJE production/build schedules.
- Works closely with Incoming Inspection, Production, and Final QC to monitor and drive corrective actions with recurring problems.
- Evaluates and establishes new vendors to support the needs of the business.
- Champions and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective actions and that root cause analysis is valid with suppliers.
- Aids suppliers in developing new processes, process changes, and new products for any of the JJE family companies.
- Leads supplier performance improvement projects to increase supplier capability (i.e. reduction of process variation) to reduce nonconformances, escapes, scrap, and ultimately meeting engineering requirements.
- Must be able to travel approximately 40% of time to suppliers.
- Must be able to perform Source Inspection at supplier facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field required.
- 2 years’ experience in a Quality, Engineering, or related role in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years’ experience with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or First Article Inspection (FAI)
- 2 years’ experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of project management
- Knowledge of various quality tools
- Knowledge of various test and measurement equipment
- ASQ certification(s) preferred.
- Proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Commodity specific technical knowledge of various processes (machining, injection molding, MIM, stamping, heat treat, etc.) preferred.
Work is performed in a high-volume manufacturing environment, working in a typical office environment, and working at vendor locations.
Team members are constantly standing, walking, carrying, pulling/pushing, bending, seeing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, hearing, as well as handing paperwork, and computer and phone usage. Team members will be lifting objects weighing 50 lbs. or less regularly.
Apply on Website
Share this job