We sell weapons and weapons accessories.
We are Primary Arms, and we’re looking for a Purchasing Agent.
At Primary Arms, we pride ourselves on working hard, enjoying what we do, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We enjoy a business casual dress code, competitive pay and benefits, making us an attractive choice for the right candidate.
This is a full-time position which, upon occasion, may require some work in the evenings or on weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates purchase orders and ensures they are communicated to the vendors.
- Verifies purchase order accuracy and receives confirmation of accuracy from the vendor.
- Tracks upcoming ETAs for promotional buys.
- Communicates all cost discrepancies/discontinued product announcements to the Merchandising team.
- Manages past due purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Works daily with Customer Service to resolve any product backorder issues.
- Works with Accounting Department to resolve any invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Ensures we are optimizing our direct buying resources while maintaining inventory levels and utilizing distribution channels to fill any gaps.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots demand related issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works to achieve continuous overall margin improvement.
- Achieves and maintains in-stock rates while reducing out of stock items
- Monitors and maintains optimal inventory levels while meeting fulfillment rate expectations.
- Continuously develops buying skills (the right inventory at the right time).
- Stays within open to buy dollars.
- Perform other related duties, as needed, within the Primary Arms team
- MUST have strong Excel Skills and ability to analyze data to make purchasing decisions.
- 3 + years of experience forecasting and purchasing inventory (retail experience strongly preferred)
- 3 + years of experience expediting Purchase Orders to reduce out of stock products
- 2 + years of negotiating product cost and payment terms
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and social skills (including ability to establish relationships with supplier and PA team members)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have strong organizational skills and time management
- Team Player – Must have a “We” attitude in the workplace
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.