Primary Arms is seeking a seasoned, highly motivated, experienced, results oriented, and degreed Manufacturing Engineer/Manager. At Primary Arms, we pride ourselves on working hard, enjoying what we do, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. At Primary Arms, we pride ourselves on working hard, enjoying what we do, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. At Primary Arms, we enjoy a business casual dress code, competitive pay and benefits, making us an attractive choice for the right candidates. We also have an exceptionally generous employee purchase plan.
This is a full-time position with daytime and early evening hours. Some non-standard work shifts may be required.
This position will report to Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires and creates a team of quality and manufacturing engineers, assembly technicians, and supervisors.
- Creates and develops workflow for highly technical small parts assembly, including overseeing the building of required workspaces.
- Develops assembly procedures, quality standards and be responsible for every aspect of a small parts assembly line.
- Creates and manages structure to ensure all incoming parts meet quality control standards.
- Oversees the design fixturing and tooling for assembly and inspection processes.
- Creates and controls QC and Assembly work flow to be efficient and precise
- Creates and controls Engineering, QC and Assembly documents
- Manages calibration inspection equipment and procedures
- Oversees root cause analysis of product issues and deviations
- Clearly and effectively communicates product changes, deviations, and improvements to Management.
- Trouble shoots and resolves product issues as they arise
- Maintains and organizes engineering drawings and documents
- Manages tools, equipment, samples, and prototypes to maintain a nicely organized work environment
- Meets production goals and milestones while scaling up production to larger scale volumes.
- Performs other related duties, as needed, within the Primary Arms Optics Division
- Performs other duties, as required, within the Primary Arms Team
- Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the assembly process either directly or utilizing his team of all aspects of assembling small optical assemblies to a extremely high specification.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in the firearms and/or optics industry.
- Understanding of different manufacturing processes including, milling, turning, molding, casting, etc.
- Understanding of all aspects of small parts assembly procedures, including soldering, gluing, staking, lubricant application, robotic assembly, etc.
- Knowledge of different material sciences and different material coatings.
- Skillful command of modeling and drafting using Solidworks software.
- Experienced in the application and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) as well as tolerance stack analysis.
- A passion for firearms and optics.
- Experience with dimensional and optical inspection equipment.
- Must have the willingness and passion to learn, ask questions and grow in the optics/firearms industry.
- Must be hands on and the desire to build and grow their own department under supervision of Director of Engineering.
- Motivated and self-starter with the desire to change, create and improve all aspects of product development.
- Takes personal responsibility for projects and tasks, with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Skillful in getting projects and tasks all the way from concept to completion.
- The ability to think outside of the box and implement unique solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task, overseeing multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Strong social skills (including ability to establish strong relationships with supplier and PA team members)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have strong organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic and professionalism
- Team Player – Must have a “We” attitude and “Yes can-do” attitude in the workplace
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. No Visa sponsorship.
- Must be 21 years of age.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.