Application Support Analyst
Primary Arms, LLC – Houston, TX
We sell firearms and firearms accessories.
Primary Arms, LLC. is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor sports and firearms industry. We are looking for a Project Manager who is available for immediate hire in Houston, TX. At Primary Arms, we pride ourselves on working hard, enjoying what we do, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for a firearms enthusiast! We enjoy a business casual dress code, competitive pay and benefits, making us an attractive choice for the right candidate. We also have an exceptional employee purchase plan. Generous relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining multiple operationally critical applications that are used daily by our personnel within the operational, retail, supply chain, ecommerce spaces.
This is a full-time position with daytime and early evening hours. Some non-standard work shifts may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for day to day support of employees and the applications and services stack
- New user account creation and administration in various onsite and hosted systems
- Provides level 1 and 2 support for break fix issues and escalating to vendors for further troubleshooting and resolution
- Designs, builds and manages a HelpDesk system for case management, change control, and structured processes. Prefer experience with KACE SMA helpdesk
- Manages and supports a software-based PBX system and its integrations including support for Polycom and Grandstream devices
- Takes ownership of reported problems, find root cause and work to a final resolution
- Leads next level or other teams who take ownership to guarantee resolution
- Researches, documents, and builds user guides and operational documentation for existing applications
- Participates in research and due diligence for new systems and applications.
- Gathers necessary documentation and participate in planning and implementation phases of new systems
- Works with internal IT, technology, and operations teams to ensure cross-platform issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Monitors application performance both at the server/systems side and at the client side and identify performance enhancing options when available to provide smoother and faster customer experience
- Reviews system updates and develops patch and upgrade schedules to maximize efficiency, minimize downtime and ensure a stable and secure environment
- Assists Technology Team and Operations teams were appropriate to evaluate and implement change
- Develops, documents, and implements changes and upgrades to the front-end and back-end systems, minimizing customer impact
- Assists clients with Office 365 software, including Access databases, Excel files, and small SQL tables as needed
- Works with all departments to provide exports and imports of data to managed back-end systems as needed including cloud based and offsite system
- Administers IT managed applications providing user account management by: creating accounts, disabling and deleting accounts, controlling access, and documenting steps for account creation
- Works with Human Resources and Department leaders to develop standard user access models for job positions to develop models for account creation based on titles and job duties
- Manages IP cameras and NVR system providing end-user support as needed.
- Develops and packages standard applications for ease of deployment for new systems or when access is requested for a user to a new application
- Supports and manages Active Directory group policies to control access to files, applications, and package deployment as well as overall systems security.
- Manages and maintains Office 365 and Azure applications
- Validates application systems backups are working and periodically validates restoration of systems from backups quarterly or bi-annually as needed
- Manages all cloud-based applications and account management and works with vendors to optimize licensing models and cost control as well as ensuring they meet the needs of the business
- Works with the various business units to understand application needs and develop solutions based on existing or new technologies to enhance the day to day performance and efficiency of business units
Coordination and Interactions
- Coordinate with IT, Tech team, and 3rd party support teams on server, network, and application performance issues
- Work with business teams on issues affecting productivity, new product rollouts, and updates necessary for the effective and smooth operations of business applications
- Communicate with the user community on systems issues affecting their day-to-day activities.
- Working with business unit leaders, IT teams, and HR this position will ensure licensing needs are addressed, agreements renewed, and maintained to be cost-effective and just-in time assignment for users.
Skills and Qualifications
- Batchelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years in Application Support role for a medium to large environment
- 5-10 years supporting Office applications: Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- 3-5 years administering Office 365 environment
- 3-5 years’ experience working with relational databases, ie. SQL
- 2-5 years’ experience with shipping systems: FedEx, UPS, USPS, Endicia, Dazzle, etc.
- 1-3 years’ experience in IT Project Management including ITIL or PMI
- Experience troubleshooting antivirus and application compatibility issues
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- 1-3 years’ experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) – Ozlink, Highjump, Körber a plus
- Work with IP based NVR camera systems a plus
- Working knowledge of HelpScout, ADP, NetSuite, Oracle, Teams apps, Azure applications and servers, Quest backup software, KACE SMA and helpdesk systems a plus
- 1-3 years’ experience with PBX systems. 3CX a plus
Compensation: Pay based on experience.
Please do not apply if you are under 21.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
No phone calls, please.
About Primary Arms, LLC:
Primary Arms was started in 2007 with one goal: to provide firearms owners with high quality optics at affordable prices. We serve that goal every day by innovating new ways to save people time and money as they shop for accessories for their rifles and other firearms. We ship quickly, and provide the best customer service you can find.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.