SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The Buyer is responsible for quoting, negotiating pricing and purchasing inventory and materials in support of the build plan with their assigned suppliers and/or commodities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary Liaison between SIG SAUER and our suppliers
- Reviews and actions MRP messages
- Creates and maintains purchase orders
- Pulls all documentation and sends out quote requests to suppliers
- Evaluates supplier quotes and awards accordingly
- Reviews Engineering Change Requests. Identifies open PO liability, effectivity dates and item attributes prior to approving
- Works with Planning to disposition Excess and Obsolete material
- Reviews item attributes and submits required changes to the Master Data Management team to implement
- Assists Accounts Payables to resolve invoice discrepancies
- A contributing member of the MRB team for dispositioning non-conforming material
- Escalates supplier related issues in a prompt manner
- Helps resolve issues and answer questions from other SIG employees
- Performs other tasks and duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred. APICS certification a plus
- Three to five years’ experience as a Buyer within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with raw material, forgings, molded plastics and swiss, lathe, vertical and horizontal machined parts and the various machining processes involved. MIM experience a plus.
- Working experience with ERP systems, Oracle a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Working knowledge of item attributes and their effects on MRP messages
- Working experience with FARS and DFARS
- ITAR experience strongly preferred, especially with technical data transfer
- Position consists of sitting 75% of the work day
- Travel 10-25%
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.