Director, Operations - Ammunition
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States. The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
This position will have overall responsibility for the manufacturing operations, including employee safety and security, facilities and environmental, production management, continuous improvement, quality, cost and expense management, and capital expenditures and capacity planning. The Operations Director will lead the implementation of operation strategies for the facility while working closely with local and corporate resources and driving a high-performance culture by continuously improving leadership capabilities at all levels of the plant facility.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the use of continuous improvement methods to drive improvements in organization, procedures, equipment, processes and facilities that will improve production and reduce costs while producing a high-quality product.
- Direct and manage plant operations to meet or exceed safety programs to protect the workforce, quality, production, logistics, maintenance and continuous improvement objectives.
- Leads regular capacity planning studies encompassing people, equipment, and materials. Responsible for documentation and communication of all capacity planning efforts to plant staff and executive leadership.
- Implements continuous improvement in tiered daily management system throughout facility. Drives daily accountability for achievement of manufacturing related KPI’s. Implements efforts to increase visibility and enhance communication of daily metrics to plant staff and executive leadership.
- Responsible for understanding and sustaining the company’s culture in the workplace.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments/divisions of the company (Purchasing, Finance, Human Resources, Quality, Service, Product Engineering, and Sales & Marketing) in all matters related to plant activity.
- Maintain responsibility for creation of and achieving fixed and variable product cost budgets.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to Plant Operations Management by setting goals and KPIs using known lean tools and policy deployment. Utilize daily Gemba walks and visual metric boards to drive continuous improvement.
- Measure Management performance through metric and performance reviews.
- Execute short term and long term operational strategic plans based on liaison with senior management.
- Instill proactive approach/anticipation to operational risks, trends, and opportunities resulting in early strategic solutions to foreseeable challenges.
- Ability to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with stamping, machining, assembly and/or robotics manufacturing.
- A leader that enables honest, ethical approaches actively promoting team partnerships across functions.
- Proven track record of inspiring and motivating employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and systematic recognition of metric driven accomplishments.
- A proven Lean and Kaizen leader that is committed to those ideals
- Leads the lean continuous improvement efforts of the SIG performance system to achieve business goals and objectives.
- A partner to interdivisional activities and sites with the aim of improvement across the entire business value stream.
- Role model of quality leadership that drives morale and employee engagement through trust and respect.
- Establishes goals, monitors results, and utilizes lean principles and practical process improvement methods to meet operating objectives.
- Leads the charge in pursuit of world class manufacturing .
- Demonstrates role model leadership practices fostering engagement and effectiveness across the employee base.
- Provides employee coaching and development; makes employment decisions; resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Uncompromising focus on safety and quality, continuously focused on schedule accomplishment to customer needs, and productivity for profitable growth.
- Manages the performance metrics through tiered daily management, including visual controls and flow systems.
- Participates in and providing training and development related to lean principles, problem solving, and employee development.
Education and/or Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or other technical discipline
- 10 or more years of leadership experience in positions of increasing responsibility within a metals manufacturing environment.
- Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, equipment, organizational development/management, employee relations and lean methods
- Successful experience hiring, leading and developing manufacturing staff
- Extensive change management experience and skilled at building productive relationships
- Experience with ERP systems in operation, Oracle hands-on experience a plus.
- Have strong and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Be teamwork oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Must have good self-initiative skills and possess a strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented with strong problem resolution abilities and capabilities in leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Ten or more years relevant experience enhancing cross departmental communications in a manufacturing environment. Strong proficiency required with all Microsoft Office tools and a CAD system
- A proven track record of placing safety and quality as top priorities.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.