Product Manager, Electro-Optics
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The Product Manager is responsible for developing new products within Thermal Imaging, Lights and Lasers market segments at the Electro-Optics division of SIG SAUER, Inc. This position will drive cross-functional teams with a specific focus on interaction with Engineering to successfully deliver New Products. The Product Manager has full responsibility for the development and delivery of all media, print, training and trade show materials. The Product Manager is charged with delivering financial projections, product forecasts and managing a competitive analysis matrix. This position also has P&L accountability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the release calendar, produce detailed release plans and control release scope for products.
- Write and maintain Marketing strategic plans and maintain competitive pricing matrices
- Perform and Maintain Competitive Analysis
- Establish product specifications and packaging specifications and user manuals
- Develop New product pricing
- Margin analysis, financial projections and product forecasts
- Manage Respective Business with P&L Accountability
- Product positioning introductions
- Direct interaction with Research and Development and Manufacturing – specific focus on interaction with Engineering.
- Direct interaction with Suppliers, Potential Suppliers, and Consultants
- Catalog and Price list production
- Develop print media strategies
- Trade show displays (SHOT, IWA, NRA,SCI)
- Sales and Customer support
- Conduct product training for field sales representatives and field sales support
- Conduct Quality Audits
- Writes Seminar product introductions
- Sales Meeting product introductions
- Press Release reviews
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing), Engineering or other relevant field preferred. MBA or equivalent business experience a plus.
- 5+ years Product and/or Program management experience, preferably in firearms or sports optics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both technical and business disciplines.
- Experience executing and managing financial projections and product forecasts.
- Previous experience developing print media strategies, catalogs and product introductions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously.
- Must be customer service oriented and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Previous military or competitive shooter / firearms instructor a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in teams.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.