Customer Service Representative
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The primary role of this position is Customer Service Representative. This individual must possess solid written and verbal communication skills, understand and disseminate product information, be able to function in a fast paced environment and have a genuine commitment to helping others. This position requires extensive hands-on collaboration with our Marketing, Product Line, and Quality Assurance teams, solid firearms and sports optics knowledge, customer relationship activities, and light administrative duties. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and perform under pressure while maintaining a high degree of credibility and integrity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming consumer calls, e-mails and/or faxes to resolve warranty claims, Webstore issues, general inquiries and orders for merchandise. The ability to handle 75+ calls on peak days is expected
- Provide technical assistance and issue resolution on SIG SAUER Electro-Optic products while creating a win/win scenario for both the customer and SIG SAUER
- Enters warranty and order data into computer and informs customer of repair processes, pricing and shipping date projections
- Upsell additional accessories and services and participates in monthly consumer sales campaigns
- Communicate daily with Finance to resolve outstanding credit card payment issues on parts, accessories and billable services
- Review social media forums (SIGForum, Sigtalk, etc.) to identify quality and service trends and seek to resolve with end-user and/or internal departments
- Inspection and data reporting support on product returns and incoming product as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Customer Service or a Customer-Focused Sales environment. Solid firearms and sport optics knowledge or demonstrated aptitude is highly desired. High school diploma or equivalent; or prior military experience. College degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of hunting practices, shooting sports, ballistics, sports optics and rifle scope applications
- Familiar with binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, red-dot sights and rangefinders.
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with ERP customer service support software (Oracle preferred) and MS Office applications
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.