SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States. The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The Quality Engineering Technician works with a variety of team members such as Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Assemblers and Inspection teams. Performs measurements, troubleshoots, assists in root cause analysis, proposes and implements Corrective Actions.
Assists production to ensure product meets specifications, protocols, and standard methods.
This position requires the use of the following skills: problem solving, analytical thinking, attention to detail, technical aptitude and excellent communication.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of inspections and tests in the production process, including routine and non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, test and functional set-ups and inspections. Can recognize trends and report on them. Includes production/manufacturing support; data collection and analysis; troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Applies problem solving techniques to help perform root cause analysis that lead to implementation of corrective action, effectively works with team members of other disciplines to resolve issues with robust solutions.
- Use analytical thinking and work closely with inspectors and engineers for data collection and analysis, troubleshooting and RCA, maintaining appropriate levels of workplace organization and safety at all times.
- Compile, evaluate and properly report statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Use the company operating system to generate inquiries, perform movement of material, create inspection sheets, and any other documents required to perform job duties.
- Participate in creating and updating quality assurance inspection instructions, data sheets and assist in measurement activities.
- Support the Quality Assurance team by identifying areas of improvement, gathering information, developing and testing solutions.
- Conduct measurements using basic metrology tools and perform functional/visual inspection of sport optics such as binoculars, rangefinders, riflescopes and red dots.
- Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity, and satisfy customer needs and expectations; look for cost reduction and act on improvement opportunities
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical associate degree or higher and 5+ years of related experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with drawing/print reading, control plans, basic Quality concepts, and mechanical design document interpretation.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required, and at least a basic working familiarity with fundamental data analysis techniques. Familiarity with Oracle EBS is also a plus.
- Should have fundamental technical and mechanical aptitude with basic optical, electrical, and mechanical test instruments and techniques, as well as strong aptitude with hand tools and small power tools.
- Should be familiar with Acceptance Quality Limit theory and practical development and application of valid sampling plans.
- Excellent communication, organization and task management skills are required.
- Ability to work independently or in teams.
- Basic knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for specific processes.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.