SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Responsible for technical leadership and management of a team of Design Engineers and Test Technicians to create innovative firearm products. Assist Process Engineering & Production as required to resolve issues and improve current products and the implementation of new/revised products. Must be able to provide technical leadership and coaching to New Product Engineers, Test Technicians, Process Engineers, Production personnel, Marketing and others to accomplish the tasks below.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for multiple Firearm Programs
- Responsible for assigning tasks and establishing success criteria.
- Manage technical training and coaching for engineers & technicians to continuously improve the skills in the group.
- Responsible for the efficiency of R&D engineering efforts.
- Develop and manage Intellectual Property thru patent applications and trade studies.
- Technical Leadership within the SIG NPI process (New Product Introduction)
- Final approval of new designs thru the PLM system.
- Approve verification test plans, check the accuracy of test results and conclusions.
- Responsible for the manufacturability and overall cost of complete firearms.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in R&D operations.
- Provide technical assistance to other departments within Sig Sauer.
- Responsible for implementing best practices for identifying the root cause of performance or manufacturing problems.
- Employee reviews and development plans
- Must be able to travel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. (15+ years’ experience)
- Leadership experience.
- Must be a skilled user of CAD software, preferably SolidWorks, and a have experience with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience with Agile PLM and MS Project is a plus.
- Classwork and practical experience with mechanisms and machine design
- Formal training in Leadership and Project Management is a plus
- Experience using and maintaining firearms is preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information to Senior Management.
- Ability to define problems, establish priorities, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a logical and organized manner.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.