Intern, IT Support
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Working as part of the IT team, support the SIG SAUER community with day-to-day technology needs. This includes Windows/macOS and associated productivity software, iOS/Android/Windows IoT mobile devices, printers, and other related systems. Work will be performed desk-side and remotely as appropriate.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to service tickets in a timely and professional manner.
- Professionally and accurately document work efforts in the ticket system including work completed and root cause / categorization.
- Build, configure, and support computers, mobile devices, printers/copiers, and related peripherals.
- Install, support, and upgrade software applications deployed to end user computing devices.
- Perform system imaging using SCCM related to new hires and system replacements.
- Create software installation packages using SCCM for centralized deployment.
- Help identify and resolve all hardware and software technical problems that impact production services. Keeps affected clients informed as to the status of the problem until resolution. May require after-hours or weekend work.
- Create documentation and knowledgebase articles for team members to aid in cross-training and consistency in work efforts. Keeps documentation up-to-date.
- Participate in group discussions related to resolving common issues and escalate/collaborate with IT staff in other areas as necessary.
- Provide end-user training on proper techniques and procedures to effectively complete their work as it relates to endpoint computing.
- Work with external vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain log of damaged assets and follow defined disposal protocols and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least two years of similar job experience; industry standard certifications are desirable.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills both deskside and via phone/video communication.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Individual must have the capacity to remain calm, considerate, and tactful under stressful and unanticipated situations.
- Individual must exercise a high level of confidentiality in handling information.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines for projects.
- Ability to do basic network/connectivity troubleshooting – including general familiarity with Windows, Active Directory, NTFS Permissions, DNS, DHCP, and Print Servers as well as various 3rd party general computing applications.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Occasional travel between local offices may be required
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods in office and manufacturing “shop floor” environments
Able to lift up to 25 pounds
Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.