SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States. The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The System Security Engineer is part of a team which is responsible for the SIG SAUER information security infrastructure. The System Security Engineer assists in designing, implementing, and maintaining the information security infrastructure including securing hosts on the network, and installing, upgrading, and maintaining, firewalls, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, policy engines, and other network security devices. The System Security Engineer works with vendors to research emerging technologies and diagnose and resolve information security problems. The System Security Engineer programs various security applications, uses network monitoring software, conducts tuning, and manages virtual private network (VPN) services necessary for off-campus access to the network. The System Security Engineer maintains security for internet links, works with other IT units, and staff in the integration, maintenance, and problem resolution of information security services and maintains documentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Equal time spent in security engineering and security operations to include:
- Perform infrastructure security design
- Perform cloud security design
- Perform vulnerability assessments
- Harden systems for security resilience
- Install and maintain security products
- Monitor system events, logfiles, and alerts
- Harden systems for security resilience
- Research threats and attack techniques
- Develop automated procedures and processes
- Conduct and report on new security solution impact to the business
- This role is also one in which coaching/mentoring of junior information security personnel is essential. Additionally, this individual will act as an InfoSec advisor to the rest of the IT team and the organization as a whole.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years' experience working as a System Security Engineer or equivalent information security position.
- Proven experience in sourcing, building, and improving security systems٫ including firewalls٫ intrusion detection systems٫ anti-virus software٫ authentication systems٫ log management٫ content filtering٫ etc.
- Adept with network security and networking technologies and with system٫ security٫ and network monitoring tools.
- In-depth knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Deep familiarity of the latest security principles٫ techniques٫ and protocols.
- Understanding of Web related technologies٫ including applications٫ services٫ Service Oriented Architectures٫ networking protocols and so on.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Security or Business Administration
At least two of any of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA PenTest+
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.