SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The position of Facilities Engineering Manager is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the Electro-Optics facility located in Wilsonville, OR. This position will oversee the Facilities Technician(s) and ensure optimal functioning and maintenance of all building, manufacturing line and custodial needs. This individual will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of existing production lines, facility equipment, clean rooms, and systems related to supporting plant safety and environmental control processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee installations, inspections, repairs, routine maintenance and troubleshooting of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, waste management, etc.
- Responsible for the design and project management of construction projects such as renovations or new construction of entire facilities, office and cubicle layouts, manufacturing layouts, etc. Includes site work, electrical service sizing, HVAC requirements, lighting plan, interior layouts and finishes from inception and programming to schematic design, scope creation, budgeting, contractor selection, bidding and project management.
- Track facilities service requests using E-Maint and completes maintenance requests for reactive and preventative maintenance. Create reports to inform corporate Facilities Management and other senior management of current and historic trends.
- Create, maintain, and perform preventative paintenance schedules for automation and assembly production lines.
- Support Manufacturing Production line build outs, modifications including electrical, pneumatic, PLC control, automation integration, equipment run off and acceptance.
- Support, maintain, and work with certification vendors for clean room conditions and unique HVAC needs.
- Use AutoCAD to create and maintain plant layouts, office layouts, manufacturing and site plans and drawings. Utilizing standard industrial engineering techniques, analyze and improve flow of manufacturing operations, layout of machining and automation operations, as well as assist in new designs of future buildings.
- Work within the corporate E business suite to create purchase order requisitions for the department, follow through from quotes to payments of contractors. Create and manage capital equipment requests.
- Manage, monitor and negotiate corporate real estate leases within a diverse portfolio of office, machining, assembly, testing, research & development, clean rooms, retail environments and warehousing properties.
- Ensure contracted venders are performing their function according to contractual obligations and recommend other work needed to keep the building clean and running well.
- Monitor landscaping contractors to evaluate performance. Recommend additional work to be done to ensure all grounds are kept at a level meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations.
- Train team on policies and procedures and maintain standard ISO documentation.
- Support cleanroom maintenance, modular expansion projects, and cleanroom air handling systems.
- Coordinate manufacturing equipment, warehouse and assembly line layout adjustments.
- Schedule phone and virtual meetings with corporate counterparts, contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate with HR on employee relations issues, training, employee engagement, recruitment and overall team supervision support needs.
- Support EHS project needs for facility, process, documentation, chemical disposal etc.
- L.O.T.O. process maintaining and training. Support risk manufacturing line and automated line risk assessment processes and documentation.
- Must be available to respond to 24/7 emergency incidents as required.
- Program PLC ladder logic, create HMI integration with custom automation tooling.
Education and/or Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering Management, Manufacturing Engineering Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Safety or related field and/or equivalent years of education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in a manufacturing or related industry.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/schematics. Ability to use AutoCAD to create and maintain facility layouts.
- Experience with a wide range of general contracting tools, electric and pneumatic tools, welding, etc.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, as well as experience using ERP systems and PM scheduling programs.
- Results driven individual who has demonstrated the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Displays a customer focused work ethic with the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Work is primarily standing (90 + % of the shift) with the exception of breaks, lunch periods
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.