Metal Prep Technician - Night Shift
Posted 10 months ago
Metal Prep Technician - Night Shift
West Valley City, UT
At SilencerCo our Metal Prep Technicians own the process of deburring manufactured parts. SilencerCo leads the suppressor industry with our strong attention to quality and durability. We are willing to hire the right per If you consider yourself to have strong attention to detail, consider yourself to be crafty, and take pride in the work you this could be the job for you!
Who are we?
SilencerCo formed in 2008, when two men in a garage machined, welded and shaped their dreams into a reality. Now, over 10 years later, SilencerCo is still designing and developing products through unconventional ways to create the best suppressors on the market. The founders were determined to only introduce products to the market that were a significant improvement over existing product. SilencerCo continues with dreams and determination while remaining focused on innovation, creativity, and problem solving.
SilencerCo is dedicated to creating products that will improve sound reduction levels, durability and longevity, form and function, ease of use and maintenance in ways never thought of or achieved.
SilencerCo staked its claim on a large share of the market and strives to increase market share with top level customer service, innovative products and the introduction of new products. We aspire to be the benchmark for innovation, marketing, education, and manufacturing for all consumer product companies.
- You will be completing the visual inspection of all parts and products (looking for Dings, Dents, scratches)
- Removal of all excess material from manufactured parts
- Complete routine maintenance on all equipment
- Identify problems as they arise, evaluate these problems, and implement solutions
- Perform and adhere to SilencerCo's standard operating procedures
- Use collected data to determine normality, process control limits, and areas which require improvement
- Comply with safe work practices; understanding work injury procedures, workers comp, and safety standards
- Any other responsibilities and duties as needed to meet company objectives
Job Qualifications (Preferred)
- Ability to operate complex hand tools
- Have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with others, and have great time management skills
- Ability to communicate well with others (verbal and written communication)
- Someone who can welcome change, and be easily adaptable
- Ability to work in a sometimes high-stress environment
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing; tools, machines, designs, uses, quality control, raw materials, maintenance, and repairs
- Comfortable operating power/air tools for an extended time
- Basic knowledge of SilencerCo’s products
- Ability to lift 30 lbs, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- 1 year of basic work experience
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Though we come from all over, every member of the SilencerCo team shares a commitment to create the strongest brand in the firearms industry. We are passionate about our brand, our jobs, and our craft. We are hunters, shooters, scientists, nomads, engineers and explorers that create what others can’t even dream of.
We lead the firearms suppressor industry, and work hard to find highly motivated, performance driven, innovative employees. We work hard to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age or background, can perform at their best.
Why we do what we do
We love suppressors. We believe in saving hearing, reducing recoil, and maintaining situational awareness while shooting and hunting to create a more enjoyable experience. We ultimately question why shooting has to be loud. We never build a “me too” product. We never settle for “good enough,” we strive to disrupt. We do what we do because we want better products, because we believe in the 2nd Amendment, and because we are users — we shoot and hunt and want the best experience possible. SilencerCo enjoys the challenge of bringing products to market in a meaningful way that captures immediate market share.
We have an on-site gym, deep industry discounts, monthly company BBQs, a dog friendly environment, concealed carry classes and that is just to name a few!
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- HSA and FSA programs
- 100% paid basic life insurance
- Paid time off, with 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Voluntary Products; voluntary life and AD&D, Identity theft protection, short term and long-term disability, telehealth, hospital indemnity, auto and home insurance
All SilencerCo offers are contingent upon passing a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
- Basic Work: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Share this job