Metal Prep Technician
Posted 1 month ago
Metal Prep Technician
West Valley City, Utah
Shift: Day Shift - 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Monday - Thursday)
At SilencerCo our Metal Prep Technicians own the process of deburring manufactured parts. SilencerCo leads the suppressor industry with our strong attention to quality and durability. If you consider yourself to have strong attention to detail, consider yourself to be crafty, and take pride in the work you do, this could be the job for you!
Who are we?
SilencerCo formed in 2008, when two men in a garage machined, welded and shaped their dreams into a reality. Now, over 10 years later, SilencerCo is still designing and developing products through unconventional ways to create the best suppressors on the market. The founders were determined to only introduce products to the market that were a significant improvement over existing product. SilencerCo continues with dreams and determination while remaining focused on innovation, creativity, and problem solving.
SilencerCo is dedicated to creating products that will improve sound reduction levels, durability and longevity, form and function, ease of use and maintenance in ways never thought of or achieved.
SilencerCo staked its claim on a large share of the market and strives to increase market share with top level customer service, innovative products and the introduction of new products. We aspire to be the benchmark for innovation, marketing, education, and manufacturing for all consumer product companies.
- You will be completing the visual inspection of all parts and products (looking for Dings, Dents, scratches)
- Removal of all excess material from manufactured parts
- Complete routine maintenance on all equipment
- Identify problems as they arise, evaluate these problems, and implement solutions
- Perform and adhere to SilencerCo's standard operating procedures
- Use collected data to determine normality, process control limits, and areas that require improvement
- Comply with safe work practices; understanding work injury procedures, workers comp, and safety standards
- Any other responsibilities and duties as needed to meet company objectives
Job Qualifications (Preferred)
- Ability to operate complex hand tools
- Have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with others, and have great time management skills
- Ability to communicate well with others (verbal and written communication)
- Someone who can welcome change, and be easily adaptable
- Ability to work in a sometimes high-stress environment
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing; tools, machines, designs, uses, quality control, raw materials, maintenance, and repairs
- Comfortable operating power/air tools for an extended time
- Basic knowledge of SilencerCo’s products
- Ability to lift 30 lbs, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- 1 year of basic work experience
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Share this job