Receiving Quality Technician
Posted 9 months ago
Receiving Quality Technician
West Valley City, Utah
SilencerCo has a high expectation for the precision and durability of our products. The Receiving Quality Inspector assists to inspect to ensure that the incoming 3rd party vendor products meet blueprint specifications and other fits, form, and function related parameters. This individual has a vital job to stop defective material from beginning the manufacturing process.
The Receiving Quality Inspector will be responsible to communicate to management when a product doesn’t conform to blueprint parameters. It’s the responsibility of a QA Technician to record measurement data during the incoming inspection such as material composition and hardness, dimensional data, cosmetic blemishes etc.
Day Shift: Monday - Thursday from 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM, occasional weekends and overtime as-needed.
Who are we?
SilencerCo formed in 2008, when two men in a garage machined, welded and shaped their dreams into a reality. Now, over 10 years later, SilencerCo is still designing and developing products through unconventional ways to create the best suppressors on the market. The founders were determined to only introduce products to the market that were a significant improvement over existing product. SilencerCo continues with dreams and determination while remaining focused on innovation, creativity, and problem solving.
SilencerCo is dedicated to creating products that will improve sound reduction levels, durability and longevity, form and function, ease of use and maintenance in ways never thought of or achieved.
SilencerCo staked its claim on a large share of the market and strives to increase market share with top level customer service, innovative products and the introduction of new products. We aspire to be the benchmark for innovation, marketing, education, and manufacturing for all consumer product companies.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration verification of all available measuring instruments such as: calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, thread gages etc.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, data, manuals, SOP’s or other documentation to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification process, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
- Record the inspection of test data, such as: material hardness, surface roughness, measurement/dimensional info and quantities inspected or graded etc.
- Process the parts/lots in the ERP system and physically move products through the production floor.
- Problem solve non-conforming issues with vendors and coworkers to help correct any that arise.
- Continually evaluate current processes and make suggestions for improvements. Be a problem solver and take ownership of projects.
- Operate our coordinate measuring machine, keyence optical measurement system, surface roughness tester and other advanced metrology equipment.
- Report features or parts that don’t conform to print or design intent with a Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR)
- Interpret international standards and specifications such as: International Standards Organization (ISO), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Follow 5S/lean standards.
- Comply with safe work practices; understand work injury procedures, workers comp, and safety standards
- Meticulous attention to detail in fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to apply skills both internally and externally.
- Proficiency in Google Suite/Microsoft Office.
- Experience reading and interpreting prints per ASME Y 14.5-2009.
- Experience in CAD, Solidworks.
- Prioritization and document review skills.
- Self-motivated, proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Process improvement focus
- Familiarity with SilencerCo product line
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing, quality control, or in related field
- High school diploma
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as-needed
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Though we come from all over, every member of the SilencerCo team shares a commitment to create the strongest brand in the firearms industry. We are passionate about our brand, our jobs, and our craft. We are hunters, shooters, scientists, nomads, engineers and explorers that create what others can’t even dream of.
We lead the firearms suppressor industry, and work hard to find highly motivated, performance driven, innovative employees. We work hard to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age or background, can perform at their best.
Why we do what we do
We love suppressors. We believe in saving hearing, reducing recoil, and maintaining situational awareness while shooting and hunting to create a more enjoyable experience. We ultimately question why shooting has to be loud. We never build a “me too” product. We never settle for “good enough,” we strive to disrupt. We do what we do because we want better products, because we believe in the 2nd Amendment, and because we are users — we shoot and hunt and want the best experience possible. SilencerCo enjoys the challenge of bringing products to market in a meaningful way that captures immediate market share.
We have an on-site gym, deep industry discounts, monthly company BBQs, a dog friendly environment, concealed carry classes and that is just to name a few!
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) with a competitive employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision
- HSA and FSA programs
- 100% paid basic life insurance
- Paid time off, with 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Voluntary Products; voluntary life and AD&D, Identity theft protection, short term and long-term disability, telehealth, hospital indemnity, auto and home insurance
All SilencerCo offers are contingent upon passing a background check
Share this job