Cyber Security Analyst
Posted 8 months ago
Cyber Security Analyst
The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and influencing the management of information risks across the organization, as well as ensuring the implementation and compliance with all IT controls. The incumbent will work directly with Cyber Security Advisors and other members of the IT department to develop, implement, and maintain a strong and effective Cyber Security program.
This role will be responsible for following the technology trends regarding cyber security and recommending necessary changes to the companies' cyber security environment. The incumbent will monitor and respond to cyber threats and make recommendations as to mitigation or remediation of such threats.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- System administration -- Windows Server 2012-2019; VMWare; AIX
- Network security -- Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus, Brocade
- Advanced problem solving -- Able to dive into an issue, discover the root cause, understand why it happened, and prevent it from happening again
- Detail oriented approach -- Understanding how the system works and knowing which tool to use; being able to repeat a process and explain that process to management
- Self-motivated -- Take on the next task or issue without being told to; must be self sufficient
- Information security policy maintenance -- Create, update, and delete policies and procedures as new and old developments arise
- Firewall administration -- Palo Alto
- Security tool administration -- Splunk, Carbon Black, Elk Stack
- Antivirus administration -- TrendMicro, Windows Defender
- Network protocol knowledge -- RDP, SSH, TCP, FTP, SFTP, ACLs, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguard system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations
- Implement security improvements by assessing current posture and evaluating new risk trends
- Conduct periodic audits and pen tests
- Maintain technical knowledge through research, publications, and classes
- Maintain security and software updates/patches
- Triage, respond, and find root cause to security related incidents
- Effectively communicate with upper management
- Educate business by holding learning sessions and performing phishing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent technical experience related to Cyber Security preferred.
- 3+ years hands on experience required.
- Professional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate capacity for organization, prioritization and management in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization.
- Manage personal workload and work under tight timeframes.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Occasional: bending, kneeling, squatting, standing, walking, reaching, overhead reaching, and fine motor skills.
- Normal office environment and office lighting.
- Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting.
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic correctness to all job tasks.
Share this job