Reporting to the Creative Director, the Studio Photographer will execute and manage product photography in a fully digital in-house studio. With a strong creative eye, you will develop imagery for our product catalog, website, spec sheets, tradeshow graphics, social media and marketing campaigns. This role is a key collaborator partnering with all pre- and post-production teams. Incredible focus, ability to pivot quickly due to ever changing business needs and sense of urgency is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute high-quality product photography with exceptional lighting and attention to detail.
- Conceptualize, source, and organize props, background elements, and backdrops.
- Manage the editing, retouching, clipping, color correction, and file management of studio photos.
- Setting up and/or taking down lighting, backgrounds, props and other equipment.
- Meet daily production goals and set imagery standards.
- Understand when to adhere to photography guidelines and when to push creative ideas to create compelling beauty/lifestyle imagery.
- Maintain proper file naming and image protocol as well as support the organization and file management of photos and videos within our Digital Asset Management archive.
- Partner with engineering and product teams on the prioritization of products and availability of samples for photoshoots.
- Monitor and maintain studio shot lists to ensure proper prioritization of items - raise red flags when in jeopardy and be solution oriented.
- Stay up on latest trends and work to identify any challenges in the workflow while suggesting long-term improvements.
- Work with cross functional partners to identify product features ensuring that the proper usage of product is conveyed and that the preferred angles are photographed.
- Provide assistance for on location photo and video shoots primarily with lighting and/or still photo content capture when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or extensive photography experience strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5-8 years professional photography and videography/editing is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Knowledge of firearms operation and safety is strongly preferred
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines is necessary
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet converging deadlines
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Excellent project management and organization skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects and adhering to tight and demanding deadlines
- Must have excellent interpersonal, writing skills and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate and engage with others
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to analyze and communicate results to a variety of audiences
Competencies and Skills:
- Deep understanding of effectively and efficiently creating and organizing a catalog of digital assets.
- Creativity with a good eye for space, design, texture, and color balance.
- High level of experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to understand and capture the key selling points of products and visually convey them to the end consumer.
- Ability to take and incorporate direction with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task and execute time-sensitive projects.
- Process-oriented approach to task management.
- Ability to identify opportunities for streamlining of processes.
- Must possess strong organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Lightroom)
- Mac systems
- Microsoft Word/Excel
- Familiarity with Digital Asset Management software such as Widen.
Must either have currently, or the ability to quickly obtain, concealed carry licenses for MA, CT and UT.
- Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, squat and walk
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Extended time in sitting position, prolong use of computer.
- Ability to travel
- Must be comfortable working around firearms
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.