Inside Sales Representative
Posted 5 months ago
Inside Sales Representative
The inside sales representative will work cooperatively with outside sales and manufacturer’s reps and distributors to provide customer service activities that help meet monthly sales targets and consistently improve customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Take incoming calls from customers and also end users with an upbeat attitude.
- Setup and maintain customer files.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
- Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint.
- Trouble shoots problems such as; shipping, data entry, and pricing discrepancies.
- Attend sales training and meetings as required.
- Attend Trade Shows as needed.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Manage time effectively and work effectively with other members of the Sales and Marketing and Distribution teams.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Ability to work in team environment while possessing a strong independent work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with sales people, and experience working across multiple markets.
- Ability to communicate issues, ideas or suggestions.
- Ability to directly interface with customers.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Must exhibit a high degree of motivation, and initiative.
- Well Organized.
- Detail Oriented.
- Self motivated.
- 2-4 years customer service experience.
- 2-4 years order entry and/or inside sales experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Software experience, Word, Excel and other Microsoft office programs.
- Associates Degree or equivalent education or experience.
Share this job