Responsible for the operation of the Receiving, Warehouse, Tradeshow and Returns Departments. The Inventory Control Manager will oversee the movement, control and storage of the raw material and finished goods inventory throughout the factory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor inventory to ensure that no product/part is out of stock & customer fulfillment rates remain high.
- Review stock levels against actual movement of the item through inventory and calculate individual, product based overall inventory costs.
- Create procedures to safeguard inventory items by determining which items are prone to theft and which items need specialized security. Identify damaged-in-shipment items, missing assemblies and how to investigate when a theft occurs.
- Oversee the Cycle Count program and work with the Inventory Control Supervisor to identify and address any procedural errors causing the shortage or a gain in inventory.
- Work with the Inventory Control Supervisor in examining and investigating misidentified or out-of-balance items determining the causes for the discrepancies.
- Analyze data to ensure that shrinkage is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Keep logical organization of the physical inventory to ensure faster & more successful shipping operations.
- Work with other departments to improve the warehousing process.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager/Buyers to find ways to save money on raw material costs.
- Maintaining database integrity by keeping accurate and consistent classifications on all items.
- Perform analytics on all inventory movement throughout the factory.
- Reporting on individual and departmental performance on a regular basis.
- Review individual employee performance to ascertain steps for improvement on an individual and departmental basis.
- Work with employees to promote a fair and respectful working environment, resolving conflicts and keeping employees on task and motivated.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of the receiving/warehouse functions.
- Ability to understand and perform cost analysis.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Computer literate, detail oriented, excellent organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution skills, good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in warehouse management and a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Inventory Control or a related field is required.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.