Responsible for the picking, packing, and shipment of customer orders. Duties including UPS metering, and the processing of all required paperwork associated with the shipping function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Picking Responsibilities
- Pick finished product per customer sales order for packaging and process associated documentation.
- Read customer order for special instructions.
- See Shipping Manager for decision regarding back ordered product.
- Keep Finished Goods Warehouse organized and pick product in a FIFO manner.
- Packing Responsibilities
- Verify that external condition of new products is excellent prior to packing. Verify shipping paperwork matches product being shipped.
- Properly populate line sheet item, weigh cartons, and record the weights of the cartons per procedure.
- Responsible for skidding large customer and invoice orders including proper line sheeting, stacking, banding, wrapping, labeling, and weighing as required. Calculate total weight and skid measurements.
- Verify customer order for accuracy by checking each line item for the correct product and quantity and reporting any errors to the order picker.
- Ensure goods are properly packaged according to company standards or customer request utilizing such items as brown paper, bubble wrap, and other materials.
- Pack skids and operate automatic shrink wrap machine within all safety measures.
- Alert Shipping Manager of any packaging problems that arise. Provide suggestions for improving the packaging of goods.
- Ensure compliance of any special labeling per DOT guidelines.
- Shipping Responsibilities
- Read customer order for special instructions to insure correct metering and shipping method.
- Operate UPS meter per procedure.
- Stack and shrink wrap metered product and load on UPS truck.
- Provide back up and support to Shipping Manager / Warehouse Operations Administrative Assistant and other departments as required and approved by the Shipping Manager.
- Determine most reliable and competitive method for shipping the finished product or spares orders.
- Assist Shipping Manager with the control of min/max system of shipping supplies and crates to prevent stock outs.
- Process associated paperwork in accordance to department procedure.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This not a supervisory position.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Adhere to company policies and practices.
- Follow safety rules and common sense safety practices.
- Keep Supervisor aware of problems and schedules.
- Interface effectively with others.
- Participate in sound quality practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and / or 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic arithmetic functions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use of hands, talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.