This role is responsible for the timely procurement of supplies/material needed by the operations team, supplier development, the control and upkeep of the inventory, and the upkeep of the supplier database. The intent of the Buyer/Planner is to daily replenish material, identify root cause of exceptions, and effectively communicate to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following; other duties will be assigned in a progressive manner.
- Achieve cost reductions, in accordance with the Company’s annual goals, through supplier negotiated agreements or resourcing, and development activities.
- Process, generate, and distribute Purchase Requisitions/Orders.
- Strategic sourcing of product used to support operations
- Set up and maintain new and existing suppliers in the company business system.
- Establishes and maintain controls for quantity, quality, price and delivery of related incoming purchased items.
- Process and distribute Request for Quotes (RFQ’s).
- Prepares RFQ, and Drawings/Prints for Emailing to suppliers as required.
- Maintain supplier information/database in company business system.
- Coordinate with internal customers to implement supplier changes, as required; assist plants and internal customers on sourcing related issues.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Prior procurement and inventory control
- Strong communication abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team centered atmosphere.
- Ability to research, analyze data, and present conclusions.
- Knowledge of Oracle or comparable ERP system
- Must be skilled in leading RFP, RFQ and Contract negotiations, including proposal evaluation and analysis, and commercial terms and conditions.
- Awareness of Lean/Continuous Improvement practices applicable to purchasing/supply chain such as Kanban, VMI & JIT is an advantage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting up to 40 pounds several times throughout the day.
- Job requires substantial movement/motion with regard to walking, bending, lifting, grasping and applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palms
- Verbalizing detailed or important information to others accurately
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous purchasing experience
- Inventory control exposure
- Leadership and team development history
Must be 18+ years of age, able to pass a drug screen and background screen.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.