EHS Coordinator/Safety Specialist
Posted 6 months ago
EHS Coordinator/Safety Specialist
Newport, New Hampshire
Join the safety team that is part of an American Tradition! Ruger Firearms is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. We are in search of an EHS Coordinator/Safety Specialist with 3-5 years’ experience to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Our associates will have the opportunity to receive benefits that include a 401k contribution, quarterly profit sharing*, medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage. The right candidate must possess a positive attitude and a strong ability to work with others to further the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
As an instrumental member of our Environmental, Health and Safety Team, the EHS Coordinator/Safety Specialist is expected to work collaboratively with leadership, operations, and employees to promote a healthy and safe work environment. This role supports the Environmental, Health and Safety Department by leading the safety improvements and the injury prevention process driving the site towards its ultimate goal of zero incidents. This individual will be visible on the production floor, and will educate, assist and provide guidance to leaders and associates to integrate safety into our everyday business operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the site safety programs to promote performance expectation for safe work practices.
- Manage the effective implementation of and compliance with all site safety policies and procedures
- Conduct hands-on training in all the areas of safety.
- Assist the site to ensure the timely reporting and investigating of all safety incidents.
- Drive the Root Cause Corrective Action process for safety.
- Conduct trend analysis on incidents to determine gaps and to lead the efforts in preventing future incidents.
- Promote and raise the awareness levels of the site by ensuring people are trained and have a complete understanding in the JSA and Pre-Job Hazard Assessment processes.
- Provide assistance to operating departments as needed.
- Assist the EHS Manager in managing and auditing contractors on site.
- Comply with all local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations
Qualifications and competencies for this position include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or closely related area and a minimum 3 years of experience
- Certified Safety Professional a plus
- Technical expertise in OSHA General, Manufacturing and Construction Industry Regulations.
- Thorough knowledge or experience in Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control methods.
- Ability to present a wide variety of training to diverse audience
- Requires good communication skills to interface effectively with employees, contractors and vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of American National Standards Institute and NFPA Standards
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong mechanical background a plus
Essential Job requirement:
- High visibility on the production floor working with line leadership to drive change and improve safety. Plans and develops continuous improvement projects. Works on special projects as required.
- Physical Demands: Lift 40lbs, push and pull > 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet operational needs, which could on occasion include evenings and weekends.
- Pre-employment Background and Drug test
Share this job