Posted 1 month ago
Mayodan, North Carolina
Sturm Ruger is currently seeking a New Product Development Project Manager. This position will be located in the Mayodan, NC facility. However, based on business needs, it could require travel up to one week/month to other facilities or to suppliers. This position requires a highly motivated, achievement oriented individual to manage local project teams. The role requires adherence to the Ruger New Product Design (NPD) process while striving to ensure on time, new product launches.
NPD Vision Statement
A standard NPD system enables us to develop innovative lean products and processes by adhering to a launch process that continually improves time consistency, product/process quality and efficiency.
- Lead and motivate local teams to meet Ruger’s vision and goals
- Lead local teams to work with customers for VOC information and competitive analysis as required
- Ensure adherence to principles of simultaneous product and process development
- Estimate project capex, expenses, and production costs for gate review and then track them throughout project
- Develop detailed project timelines and establish milestones with consensus of the project team and track them throughout project
- Mentor project teams on lean product and process concepts and to ensure concepts become imbedded in the DNA of the plant
- Work with the Supplier Development Engineers and vendors to identify and eliminate or mitigate risks in the supply chain.
- Ensure all aspects of Ruger’s NPD process steps are properly followed
- Ensure a PFEP is kept accurate and current through collaboration with Material Coordinator
- Ensure the scope, design rules, timing, production targets, BOM, PFEP, and Line Layouts are updated, communicated and available to all stakeholders throughout the project.
- Ensure compliance to corporate, ITAR and ATF is maintained
- Ensure adequate resources are allocated to projects
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Have a AAS degree in a mechanical related field and 5 years of firearms manufacturing experience
- Have a sound knowledge of lean philosophy and the tools used
- Fluent with MS Office including MS Project
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have excellent attention to detail, quality, and interpersonal skills
- Have exceptional structured problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team orientated manufacturing environment
- BS Degree and 5 plus years project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T, SolidWorks, CAM, fixturing systems, various common materials, tooling, heat treating, finishes, and analyses method
Share this job